Sunday, February 26, 2017

My Favorite

One week. Two posts. I’m feeling pretty darn good about this blogging thing. I’m hoping that at the end of 2017, I’ll have at least 52 blog posts racked up. Remember that one post per week goal I set for myself? I’m sticking to it pretty well, so I’m hoping I can get myself into a real routine. And when you have weeks where you double your goal, you can’t help but give yourself an Internet high five. But I’m about to head out the door for a run, so I’ll keep this post short and sweet. A Sunday Survey for your reading enjoyment. NOT about running. You’re welcome!

My Favorite …

Song that amps me up to workout: There are so many. And it will often be a pretty random grouping of songs that I just play over and over again throughout a run. And then I get sick of them and can’t listen to them for a while. For the most part, I love upbeat songs like Work This Body and Ugly Heart. And I randomly happened upon One Girl Can Change the World a couple of weeks ago and it has been great for my speed workouts. Also, judge me if you wish, but Meghan Trainor’s Better When I’m Dancing is my JAM.

Way to eat eggs: I’m a huge fan of scrambled egg whites with spinach. Topped with salsa, of course.


Podcast: I know Podcasts are the hit thing these days, but I’m particularly bad at just listening to somebody talk without actually sitting down and looking that person in the face. I’m trying to get into a couple of podcasts, though I can’t say that I listen to any of them regularly –

Kind of date: Any kind of activity. I’m not a big fan of Netflix and chilling (ha), but I’m always down for something fun like kayaking or hiking or picnicking at the park. Something outdoors and something active will always be a win in my book. Take note, boys.



App: Definitely Instagram. I’m a huge fan of photos, so it’s pretty easy for me to get lost in the sea of little squares. Pictures really are worth a thousand words, and they tell so much of a person’s story.




Item in my closet: I’ll admit it. I love buying new clothes, but I am also happiest while wearing yoga pants and an oversized t-shirt. Though I do love a good Piko shirt or dress. I’ve talked about them before – you can dress them up or dress them down. So versatile, so comfortable, and best of all, effortless, yet cute.




Gifts to give and receive: I absolutely LOVE giving gifts. I love finding the perfect gift for my family and friends. I will admit that my go-to lately is something of the baked goods variety, as that is something that is actually … put to good use? I know that I appreciate receiving little knick-knacks, but I also don’t need anything else cluttering up my coffee table, so I don’t want to give people useless gifts, either. And while I am not a coffee drinker myself, a good mug goes a long way. As far as receiving, I love little things with big significance. A handwritten card truly means more to me than any physical gift you could give me. I also love a good gift card, because then I can buy whatever I want/need with it.



Pizza topping: Veggies. I love making my own pizza, which reminds me that I haven’t done that in a while … and I pile that thing high with all kinds of vegetables. Asparagus, broccoli, squash, zucchini, onions, mushrooms – you name it, it’s probably on my pizza!

Mod Pizza is delish!

And with that, I’m off to run. And help with volleyball lessons up at school. And play in my own sand volleyball game. No rest for the weary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS