Friday, April 27, 2012

Austin Bucket List

My trip to Spain has been mentioned so many times on this blog - I am sure that you are getting sick of it! - that I have completely neglected the other half of my summer plans. One day after returning from Europe, I will be moving back to Austin for summer school and work. I am fortunate enough to have a job working the desk at SRD while simultaneously getting some important classes out of the way. It will be weird to be away from home the entire summer, but I have comprised an Austin Bucket List - things I hope to do and see this summer while I am here:

Kelli's Austin Bucket List
  • Have a picnic at Zilker Park
  • Swim across Barton Springs
  • Go to Hamilton Pool
  • Watch the sunrise at Mt. Bonnell
Friends at Mt. Bonnell
  • Get a rockin' tan
  • Camp at Enchanted Rock
  • Read at least four (non-school) books
  • Make at least three Pinterest crafts
  • Hike Gorman Falls
  • Find cool Austin wall art
  • Discover new hiking trails
  • Take a tour of the Capitol
  • Go to a baseball game at Dell Diamond




Austin has so many things to offer, and I can't wait to cross these things off of my list! Please feel free to offer any suggestions, as I am always looking for new Austin-y things to do!

Workout

Friday. Bootcamp. Fridays are consistently my least favorite day of bootcamp. We have been doing a combination of yoga and pilates, with a very little bit of cardio thrown into the mix. I have never really been a fan of yoga and pilates, despite really trying to be, because I know how many benefits it has. I have just always been a cardio girl through and through, although I am really trying to work on adding strength training to the mix! My body and my mind were just tired this morning, so I had a really hard time getting myself into the workout. I am hoping to perk myself up with a nap by the pool later this afternoon! Gotta get a head start on that tan!

On another unrelated note, yesterday I applied to be an official blogger for IES (the program that I am going with to Barcelona) this summer while I am abroad. Basically, I would just have to blog once before I leave, three times while I am over there, and once while I get back. Obviously I plan on keeping this blog as well, so I don't see any of those requirements to be a problem, but I just thought it would be another something fun to do while I am over there. I have been reading the IES blogs like crazy and they have definitely helped calm some of my nerves and have made me even more excited to leave in just 23 short days. I would hope that my blog would have the same effect for people getting ready to embark on this adventure! Either way, if I get it, I get it, if I don't, I'll still be keeping up with this blog so that all of my lovely readers can stay informed of everything that is going on with me in Spain!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS