Friday, October 26, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

I wish I could say that I was going to be better about updating my blog, but unfortunately, I just can't promise that. However, I do think that this week is going to be a big less stressful than other weeks - we'll see how long it takes for this statement to fall through - so I am going to try and post at least three times next week. We'll see. Meanwhile, I will walk you through my very hectic day and promise to see y'all later this weekend!

Breakfast

The best part about having to wake up early and get ready to student teach is the knowledge that breakfast is already taken care of for you. Do a little prep work one night, and you have breakfast for days. That is just what I did - in the form of Peanut Butter Finger's Almond Butter Granola. It's seriously addicting. I am a huge cereal lover, but I try not to buy it all the time because I have no self-control when it comes to my favorite kinds. Granola, paired with frozen blueberries and unsweetened almond milk, is probably my favorite way to start the day, and it kept me full until lunch. Granted, I ate a large serving of it, but I had to because I can't just whip out food in front of my middle school students!

Lunch

I arrived home a little after noon, when I sat down to write a reflection over the lesson that I taught today. Sidenote: I promise a review of my teaching is coming soon. Around 12:15, I turned on the oven and set out to whip out what has quickly become one of my favorite meals: dairy-free pizza. Today's 'za featured mushroom tomato RAGU, turkey pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, and squash. I scarfed that thing down in no time flat. Y'all should try it. Seriously.

Dinner

After class, campaigners, and a quick workout, I was more than ready for dinner. I whipped up about the easiest dinner in the books: a grilled chicken salad. I sauteed a chicken breast and threw it in a bowl with iceberg lettuce and diced tomatoes. This is a big step for me because I am not a salad eater, and the fact that I have almost finished off a whole bag of iceberg lettuce is quite the accomplishment for this girl. Topped with salsa - my new obsession - and I enjoyed the perfect dinner after a very long week.

Workout

I think I mentioned last week that I am running a ten-mile race this Sunday. So, I wanted to get a little sweat session in, but not anything so grueling that it wore me out for my race on Sunday. I haven't run ten miles since February 3rd, so I am going to need all the help I can get! I came up with a quick 20-minute treadmill workout that covered about 2.4 miles.

I love quick interval workouts, and this one got me really sweaty, really fast. I followed it up with the ladder workout, courtesy of The Slender Student, and called it a day.

And that was my Friday in a nutshell - enjoy the rest of your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS