Monday, July 15, 2013

My FitU

Happy Monday! It is supposed to rain all week here in Austin, which is much needed. And because it hardly ever rains in Austin, the fact that it is raining makes it really hard to want to do anything besides curl up on my favorite chair with a good book. But, there are things to be crossed off of my to-do list, and these things are not going to do themselves.

I set my alarm for 7:00am, but did not even think about getting out of bed until an hour later. The perks of not having to work at 8:00am every morning. I got up, did a little bit of front porch reading, scrambled up some egg whites and spinach for breakfast, 


and made a Fed-Ex Kinko's run, all before finally finding the motivation to go workout. It's something about the weather, I'm telling you. Once I got there, though, the time just flew by, and I got in a great workout.

I completed this workout almost exactly, except instead of the rows, I did the incline press, and it was tough, but in the best sort of way. I have also been told that the incline press is a good exercise because it is actually really similar to movements that we make in real life. That may be so, but it still left me with some very tired arms. I also switched up the ab work at the end. Instead of doing the dumbbell side bend, I did two sets of 40 center-left-center-right (10 each direction) crunches on an exercise ball. This switch happened pretty spur-of-the-moment, mainly because I saw someone else doing them during a personal training session. Oops!


After a much-needed shower and an Austin Stone podcast, I headed over to SRD a little bit early so that I could eat lunch over there. If I haven't said it enough, free (delicious) food is just one of the many perks working at SRD this summer. I made myself a grilled chicken salad, topped with olives, tomatoes, and balsamic vinaigrette, and I ate every last bite. I also had a side of red grapes, as well as a serving of carrots and hummus (which I promptly spilled on my white shorts. It is Monday, after all).

Now, onto the exciting news of this post. About a week ago I received an email from Heather at Pretty Muddy. She had an exciting announcement and offer for us. Pretty Muddy was officially announcing their partnership with My FitU. I had never heard of My FitU, but the rest of the email cleared that right up. It is a program created by Daniel Meng, Kenny Chesney's personal trainer, and it "offers one-stop shop for all of your health and fitness needs." I don't know if you have seen a picture of Kenny Chesney, but that information was all that was necessary in order for me to agree to the offer of a free three month trial.
(Source)
And now you can take advantage of this program, too! I am very excited to announce that Pretty Muddy and My FitU is offering a one-time only per member 50% discount to any membership, and can be applied to the 1, 3, 6, or 12 month plan. The more you commit to a program, the more you save. All you have to do is enter the code PRETTYMUDDY50, and you will receive 50% off any membership. I have not yet started the program myself, but I am very excited to give it a shot. So, please feel free to take advantage of this offer. I don't think you will regret it!

And with that, have a great rest of your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS