Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Eleven

Happy Sunday! Whew, I am posting this after over 10 hours of sleep last night. We hosted our annual Middle School Tournament yesterday at the F.A.S.T. Complex, and I was there for nearly 11 hours, along with the rest of the coaching staff, most of our players, and nearly all of our program's parents. It was a total team effort, and though I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, I know it was more than worth it. Our booster club president put it into perspective when he said that more than one girl probably fell in love with the game of volleyball yesterday. And that's all that really matters. And on a sidenote, it was refreshing to see that some of the schools still hold onto the solid color shirt and shorts combo that I donned when I played middle school volleyball. No one was rocking the bright orange yesterday, but I think that's probably a step in the right direction.



1. What is the best time of day for you? 
Morning, for sure. I am my most productive, and most alert. I am motivated to get it all done, as opposed to later in the day when the exhaustion sets in and all I want to do is sit on my couch, watching football and taking BuzzFeed quizzes.

2. Of everything on this planet what drives you bonkers? 
A couple of things. Tardiness, obviously, drives me insane. It’s a courtesy thing. But I’ve also realized that it bothers me when people don’t accept responsibility for their actions. Or for themselves. I realize that I work with teenagers, so that is not something that comes easy to them, but it is my hope that I can model that for them.

3. What is your favorite pastime?
Running. When I’m in my groove, I could run forever.


4. What is your favorite color?
I love most colors, but my absolute favorite is pink. Notice the pink headband above.

5. Are you city, country or a suburb type of person?
I’m a city girl through and through. I always got a little too much satisfaction out of telling people that I’m from Houston-Houston, not Katy or Cypress or any of the other Houston suburbs.


6. Indoors or Outdoors?
Outdoors, all day long.


7. If you were an animal what would you be and why? 
I never know quite how to answer this question. So, I turned to a quiz and the results gave me … a wolf. I’m brave, strong, and lovable when I want to be. My family is important to me, and I’m very protective. Sure, we’ll go with that.

8. Tell me one thing that you love about yourself?
I love my ability to (mostly) be positive. Sure, I get dragged down and complain just like any other person, but it made my day when the copy ladies at school told me that I’m another one of those bubbly people who always seems to have a good attitude.


9. What do you do to relax and wind down?
I know it doesn’t make sense that to wind down, I work out, but to me, a day doesn’t feel complete without some sort of activity. If I’m feeling stressed out, a calming swim or a leisurely bike ride is often just what I need. But I also won’t turn down a good movie and a glass of wine. Nor will I turn down a good book. Or the time to read a good book.



10. Do you collect anything?
I don’t really collect anything. I’m going through a phase where I like to just get rid of things as opposed to holding onto things. In fact, I think I know what I’m going to do after this gets posted.

11. Describe yourself in 3 words. 

Thoughtful, athletic, and motivated.

And that's all I've got for you guys. But, before I sign off, two things. One, I want to wish a very happy 24th (!!!) birthday to one of my very best friends, Amira. My pepper partner for life, my rollerblading buddy, my fellow Taylor Swift fan and frozen yogurt aficionado, and an all-around incredible person. It's hard to believe that you're turning 24, because I think we'll always be 14 at heart. 


Second, tonight is going to feature a supermoon lunar eclipse. As someone who used to have an obsession with all things space related, this is an exciting event. It hasn't happened in 30 years, and it won't happen again until 2033. Let's hope the clouds don't ruin the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS