Thursday, October 8, 2015

1000 Rep (+ a few) Workout

Hello, hello! Happy Thursday! Whew! This week has gone by quickly. Yet, the days have been long. Good, but long. And though my time was short, I still managed to feel as though I crossed (almost) everything off of my list. Grades were due on Tuesday, so I should have a bit of a break, right? Wrong. I'm still drowning in a pile of grades, but I remember feeling that way last year, too. I want to start off taking everything for a grade, so that my students take everything seriously. As the year goes on, I will lighten my own load, but they're still getting used to my feedback and my expectations. So, I'm not complaining too much. Besides, they're still making me laugh. And they're making me proud.

"People think about Houston when they say America." I like it.
After reading "How the Lottery Can Ruin Your Life"
Anyway, I wanted to pop in and share a quick workout with you guys, as I flip between the Texans game and the Astros game. Crush City, baby! The Astros are back in the postseason for the first time in 10 years. In fact, the last time we were in the postseason (and the World Series!), I was in the 8th grade. And now I'm teaching 9th graders. Crazy! I digress. The other night, a delayed volleyball game and a closed pool left me at a loss for what to do to get my sweat on. I was far too sore from Saturday's volleyball tournament and Sunday's long run (honestly, mostly the volleyball tournament) to go for a run. The pool was closed, so I turned to Pinterest to provide me with a quality strength and cardio combination workout. The 1000 rep workout is tough, but the fact that you do 50 reps and then you're done with that exercise prevents me from getting bored. And motivates me to push through. Because once I hit 50, or the timer hits 50 seconds, I never have to see that exercise again. Until next time, anyway. This workout left me nice and sweaty, and also a lot little bit sore. I finally ran out the soreness this evening, but, without further ado, here is my 1000 rep (+ a few to round out the night) workout.


And that's all I've got. Tomorrow is FRIDAY and I'm pretty pumped about it. I've got a relaxing, yet fun, weekend ahead of me, and you better believe I'll be cheering on my Longhorns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS