Sunday, October 11, 2015

25 Things

Hello, hello! Do you guys remember the "25 Things About Me" craze that hit the Facebook scene many years ago? Well, I found a variation of that craze, and it is perfect for a little Survey Sunday action. So, without further ado, here are 25 things about yours truly.


1. I’m happiest when… I'm running. Truly. I love that necessary "me" time, and I love being outside. And though not every run is a great one, it's better than not running at all. I like to say that I am just one run (or workout) away from a good mood.


2. Especially if it… is sunny with temperatures in the 50's. Not ideal for everyday life, especially for someone who hates layering up, but it's the perfect running weather.  

3. I’ve always wanted to… travel to Australia. And hopefully that happens sooner rather than later. I would love to scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef.

4. My family and I… enjoy watching (and playing one another in) Wheel of Fortune. Strange, but true. It gets heated sometimes.

5. I was a terrible… singer. I mean, I am just horrible. And when it says "was," it really means "is." I can't sing to save my life. I told my students that if they all make a 100 on their vocabulary quizzes one week, I'll sing for them. So while I would love for that to happen, I also pray that it doesn't.

6. My first job was… a church league volleyball coach. Who knew that would pave the way for the future?


7. I could probably eat chocolate everyday. And I do. In some form or fashion, and usually multiple times a day. It's healthy, right?


8. I stole… some candy from the candy aisle at Kroger. My friend and I were on a wild goose chase trying to find Crispy M&M's (before learning that they were no longer sold in the United States), and we eased the frustration with a few sour candies. So sue us.

9. I was born on the same day as… Hank Aaron, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Kevin Gates.

10. My all-time favorite film is… Oh my gosh, how could I ever choose? I love The Breakfast Club with all of my heart, but there are so many incredible movies out there. Boyhood, Remember the Titans, and so many that I have yet to see.

11. I do a pretty mean… left-handed serve? I've been told that it's "wicked."


12. I’m still mad… that we lost the volleyball game that would have taken us to state my senior year of high school. I realize this happened SIX years ago, but I'm still not over it. Nor will I probably ever get over it.

13. I met my best friend… the first day at the Dirty SRDy. I've got a lot of best friends, but this is the most recent find. And she's a diamond in the rough.


14. I always knew I wanted… to become a teacher. Since the third grade, in fact. Although I originally wanted to teach high school math, I always knew teaching was the job for me.


15. I’m not afraid to… fail. I believe very strongly in pushing myself to be the best that I can be, in all aspects of my life, and that means falling short. But it also means learning and getting better. Which is why I no longer feel the pressure to be perfect.

I fall short a lot as a teacher, but that's also how I learn
16. I make the best… Slutty Brownies. I know, I know. But I have perfected them. I "wow" people with them all the time. Little do they know, they're the easiest dessert around town. Get it?

17. I have almost no… patience when it comes to slow walkers and drivers. I realize that I work in a high school and it's in their natures to walk at a snail's pace, but there is nothing more frustrating than being on the first floor at one end of the building when the bell rings, and having to get up to the third floor on the other side of the building. Which is a personal problem, because I could have made the trip down the first floor at an earlier time, but those kids just walk so slow! I'm scuttling around them (heyo, vocab word!).

18. I always cry when… I see videos of soldiers returning home. I'm not sure how anyone can keep a dry eye.

19. I’m now… living at home …but I hope to… move out and live with my friends in the near future. Though I certainly can't hate the money that I'm saving. 

20. I spent four years… living, studying, and working in Austin. And it will always be my happiest getaway. Always.


21. I wish my folks… wouldn't worry so much. I know it's in their nature, but I don't think they have gotten a full night's sleep in 23 (almost 24!) years.

22. At age 5, I was deeply in love with… riding my bike? I guess not much has changed on that front.

23. I believe if everyone… took a little bit of time for themselves each day, the world would be a better place. That could be reading, running, baking, listening to music, or any variety of things, but I think everyone needs a little bit of that each day.

One of my happiest places
24. I can’t stand… tardiness. Which is why I always make my students go get a tardy pass. I'm trying to teach life lessons here, people!


25. Whenever…Boy Meets World…is on, I’ll watch. Mr. Feeny is full of valuable life lessons.

And on that note, I've got about one hundred things to do. I enjoyed a most lovely Saturday, full of college football, - HOOK 'EM HORNS! - friends, good food, frozen yogurt, and high school football. I did not touch any school work, and now I've got some catching up to do. But I don't regret it. You need those kinds of days every once in a while. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS