Sunday, May 7, 2017

Spring Weather

Happy Sunday, everyone! We have had the most wonderful weather weekend (hey, alliteration!) here in Houston, so I made sure to soak up every minute of it before it gets too unbearably hot in the coming weeks. Between our playoff baseball game yesterday (headed to round two! And the girls are headed to round three.), a couple of runs, lots of dog walks, and sand volleyball, I've got quite the interesting assortment of tan lines going on right now. But I'm certainly not complaining, as outside time is my favorite time. And as far as I'm concerned, this weekend was perfect.

I'm currently typing this as I watch a nerve-wracking game four of the Rockets/Spurs series, in which the Rockets need a win before we return to San Antonio. I actually attended game three on Friday evening with Sarah - a big Spurs fan - and despite the outcome, had a fabulous time. It was my first Rockets playoff game, and the atmosphere was eclectic. We had seats in the nosebleeds, but that didn't stop us from cheering on our respective teams. I'm hoping that my cheers from the couch help bring Red Nation a victory tonight!




And now, a random collection of survey questions. I'm trying so hard to keep up with my one-post-a-week goal that I set at the very beginning of the year, and sometimes, this is all I've got time for! Once summer hits I'll be more consistent. Probably.


What is an embarrassing moment in your life?
I have had too many of them to count. But after teaching high school, I’ve learned to shake off most embarrassing moments. That being said, nothing will erase the embarrassment of throwing up in the hallway during 3rd period last year. My students were super sweet and ran to get an Assistant Principal, which honestly probably made it all the more embarrassing. So, beat that.

What personal item would you save in a house fire? (After saving your family and pets.)
Hmm, probably my laptop and any photos I could quickly grab. Perhaps my charm bracelet. I know “things” can be replaced, but things that have sentimental value would be hard for me to part with.


What is your most treasured memory?
Wow, I have so many memories that I treasure. My high school volleyball career – specifically my senior season will forever hold such a special place in my heart. Studying abroad in Barcelona for almost two months was an incredible experience, as was traveling solo through Argentina. My first half marathon, as well as my first marathon, will always be treasured. And so many moments from my teaching and coaching career could win this award, too. So, I think it’s fair to say that I can’t pick just one.






What would make a perfect day for you?
Easy – it would be jam-packed! It would start off with a walk with the pup, a long run through the park (preferably with sunshine and temps in the 50’s), a delicious lunch at Local Foods with my friends, hammock reading at the park, dinner at Hungry’s, and some sunset sand volleyball. Just like the good old days.




Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? (Living or not.)
I have been asked this question before, and I think my answer changes every single time. I think I would choose Kerri Walsh Jennings, though, because she is literally perfect in every single way.

(Source)
Would you like to be famous? If so, how?
Would I want to be a celebrity who has every single move scrutinized and commented on? Nope. Would I want to be famous for being an athlete who excels at my sport? Absolutely.

Do you rehearse your phone conversations? If so, why?
… No. I actually hate talking on the phone, and I avoid it if at all possible. And conversations rarely go as planned, so if I am caught talking on the phone, I’ll just go with the flow.

Where would you like to be in five years?
What a question. I actually had every intention of writing myself a letter on my 25th birthday to be opened when I turn 30, as that’s the age I will hit in five years. Yikes. That didn’t happen, but I see myself living in Houston, continuing to teach, and possibly finishing up a Master’s in School Counseling if that if something I really choose to pursue. I don’t know if marriage and kids are in the plan for me, but if they are, hopefully I’m starting to settle down and think about that. I hope to have run the Boston Marathon, to be on my way to a new fitness goal, and to have seen a few more parts of this world. That’s a lot to accomplish in just five years, huh?




Which fictional character do you believe is the most like yourself?
I would love to say Hermione Granger, but she’s far too clever for me. Maybe Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz? She was the first to come to my mind.

(Source)
What is one thing you have always wanted to cross off your bucket list but haven’t yet?
I want to visit all 50 states in the United States. I may even add to that running a half marathon in all 50 states. I’ve visited 18 states; I’ve run half marathons in five.

Half Marathon in Portland, Oregon
Where do you go when you need some inspiration?
This is a very open-ended question. I turn to friends, I turn to family members, I turn to co-workers, I turn to books. It totally depends on the situation, but one of the above never fails to turn my mood around. And you know who always manages to inspire me? My students.


What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Wow, I have been given some stellar advice over the years. Right now, I think my favorite piece of advice is to trust the process. While that particular piece of advice was given to me in relation to running, I think it applies to every season of life. Not everything is going to make sense or go our way the first time, but you have to trust that what you’re doing is going to get you there in the end.

What is your favorite season?
This is such a hard question for me! I’m a fan of every season for a variety of reasons. I love summer because … it’s summer. Time off, and fun summer activities make up the majority of my days. And I can finally catch up on some of the things that I haven’t accomplished all year. Fall is great because it’s football season (Hook ‘Em!), and the weather finally starts getting a little cooler. Winter can be dreary, but how can you not be happy when surrounded by so much holiday cheer? And spring is probably the best season weather-wise. So, my answer is: all of them.




Cake, pie, or muffins?
To be honest, I don’t love any of these three desserts. Pie from Royer’s Pie Haven in Round Top, Texas is pretty dynamite, and I’m a big fan of my zucchini oatmeal muffins – not to toot my own horn or anything – but that’s about it.


What does your blog name mean?
Forever a running joke among my friends. Fitness is obviously something about which I am extremely passionate. Healthy is a lifestyle, and I try to do something active every single day. And it is a joy to be able to share that passion with others. I am quite the frozen yogurt enthusiast, but to go a little bit deeper than that, I think the “froyo” part of my blog name shows that I’ve got a little bit of fun thrown into my life.



And with that, I’m off to stress clean over the Rockets game. Run As One!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS