The Liebster Award is for any up and coming blogs that you enjoy reading and a great way to promote them!
- This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
I am sure you guys have figured out by now that I love taking surveys, so even though I have already done a variation of this 11 things survey, I am obviously going to take the chance to do it again. I'm finding it to be pretty tough because I feel like there's not a lot that I haven't told you guys, but here goes!
Eleven Random Facts About Me
1. My brother and I were born in the exact same hospital room in Houston.
2. I LOVE school supply shopping. I look forward to it every semester. There's something about a brand new notebook!
3. My favorite number is 3, and I tend to do things in multiples of 3 - crunches, pushups, calf raises, etc.
4. I have eaten at the oldest restaurant in the world.
5. When I was in second grade, I got lost at the Miller Outdoor Theater in Houston. There were police dogs out looking for me and everything!
6. I'm a list maker, and I get a weird satisfaction out of crossing things off my list.
7. I have no sense of direction. My iPhone GPS has saved me from getting horribly lost multiple times.
8. I almost made a B in my high school art class. Clearly, I am a stellar artist.
|My one piece of art chosen to be displayed at Memorial City Mall|
9. One of my biggest fears is speaking in front of my peers. Giving presentations absolutely terrifies me and as hard as I try to slow down when I talk, I talk extremely fast when I am nervous or excited.
10. I received the "Can-Do Spirit" award in the third, fourth, and fifth grade. I'm all about having a positive attitude!
11. I once got a 0 on a test in high school. It was in AP Physics, if that tells you anything. No worries, I still made an A in the class!
1. What is your favorite book of all time?
2. What is one food you will never eat?
3. N'Sync or Backstreet Boys?
4. Why do you blog?
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
6. What is your favorite strength exercise?
7. Name one thing on your bucket list.
8. Name your absolute dream job, regardless of how unrealistic it may be.
9. What is one thing on your fitness bucket list?
10. What movie can you watch over and over again?
11. Tell me an embarrassing high school memory.
And now to answer Kelsie's questions.
My Questions to my nominees:
Breakfast, for sure. There are so many different options, and I love almost all of them - pancakes, eggs, muffins, yogurt, fruit - you name it, and I have probably eaten it for breakfast.
|Egg white pancakes|
|Scrambled egg whites|
Four. Spain, France, England, and the U S of A.
|Millennium Bridge in London|
|View from the top of Montmartre|
|La Sagrada Familia|
Most embarrassing story about you?
Oh my gosh. I hate this question because I can never think of an embarrassing story when I am asked, but I will think of something randomly that I always plan to write down
But, I have one. One time in fifth grade, I went to a friends birthday party and we were wrapping houses. Naturally, it was dark outside, and we were running away so the boys didn't catch us. I managed to scrape my head on a branch as we were running away, and I was left with a little scrape on my forehead. We had class picture day on Monday, so most girls would probably be embarrassed by the fact that she had a scrape on her head, but I brought a red marker into my bathroom before I left for school and actually enhanced the scrape on my forehead, because I secretly thought it was cool to have a scrape on my forehead and be all dramatic about the fact that it was picture day.
So, it's embarrassing now, though it's not like anyone knew that I did it at the time. I'm sure I have a far more embarrassing story than that, but that's the only one that came to mind!
What is your favorite candy?
I'm not a huge candy eater, but if I do eat it, it will likely be some sort of sour candy, or Swedish Fish.
Favorite workout other than running?
Swimming. To me, it is so relaxing, and I don't even feel like I'm working out. Plus, I get a really nice (one-piece) tan. I enjoyed a nice swim yesterday, in fact. I'm glad I managed to get it in before this stormy weather hit!
Favorite clothing store?
Anthropologie, hands down. Their clothes are classy and timeless.
Have you ever met anyone famous?
I met Brandon Backe once upon a time, though you probably don't even know who he is. He used to be a pitcher for the Houston Astros, but he got into a bit of trouble and I'm not even sure what he's doing these days, but I just thought he was really cute.
I also met Mary Lou Retton one time, and if you know me at all, this is a huge deal because I love the Olympics. Granted, I didn't really possess this love when I met her, nor was I alive to see her win the all-around, but hey, it's still cool to say!
|I love the Olympics!|
I love Lululemon (doesn't everyone?) but I don't own much of it. I usually just wear Nike Tempo shorts and a t-shirt to work out, but Lululemon and Nike are my go to brands. They're comfortable, fit well, and last a long time.
How long have you had your blog and what made you start it?
I started my blog in September of my sophomore year of college, so I have had it for about a year and a half now. I toyed with the idea of starting a blog toward the end of my freshman year, but I didn't know what to blog about, because I didn't really like the thought of just blogging about my life, though that is essentially what this blog has become. I started reading healthy living blogs and since I have a passion for fitness and healthy lifestyles (and frozen yogurt), I thought I would give it a go. And thus, fitness and froyo was born!
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would live in the moment more than I do. I feel like I am constantly looking ahead to the next thing in my life, and forget to enjoy what I am currently doing.
And finally, my nominees. I'm not sure about the number of followers, but you should check them out regardless!
Running A Thousand Miles
Baking and Swimming
Faith Food Fabulous
Jamie Runs Around
Hungry Healthy Girl
Winter Fat to Winter Fit
Fitness and Christ
Mountains and Miles
Fit 'N' Cookies
Pencils and Pancakes
They are all great blogs, so you should check them out! And a huge thank you to all of my readers who encourage me to keep writing. I hope I can inspire at least one of you in some way. And feel free to comment with your responses, I'd love to hear them!