Monday, March 11, 2013

Encouragement

If you want to show me some love, an encouraging note is the best way to do it. I mention this because I was recently asked to complete an interview about my time spent abroad for a website called Go Overseas, a website that helps future travelers make educated decisions when choosing between study abroad programs. You can check out my interview here

Wooly Mammoth in Barcelona - fun fact: they do NOT still exist! 
Cathedral in Madrid
Anyway, as many of you know, I am very passionate about my time spent abroad, and I was bitten by the travel bug, forcing me to extend my list of places I want to visit. So when Megan Lee, the Study Abroad Director for Go Overseas emailed me saying she loved the way I write and recommending that I apply for their Writing Corps Program, I was all smiles. Writing and travel are two of the things that bring me the most joy, so for someone to complement me on my travel writing abilities means a lot. I am definitely going to apply for the program, and we will see where that leads me. For now, it is an opportunity for me to revisit one of the most special experiences in my life, and I will never turn down that opportunity!
Paris
Outside the Louvre
The Eiffel Tower all lit up
My cousin Alexia and I before exploring the Louvre
Workout

After letting myself sleep in a bit and lounge on the sofa, I looked out the window and saw a beautiful sky looking back at me. I knew I couldn't spend a day like this inside a gym, so I headed up to my alma mater to complete a 35-minute track workout I found on Pinterest.


My first lap followed this workout exactly, but the remaining laps were a bit different. Actually, everything remained the same except the skipping. I also alternated each lap with forward and backward lunges. In place of the skipping, I did broad jumps, side lunges, walking squats, and high knees. Broad jumps have always been pretty tough for me, and I only did about 15 before jogging the remaining distance. I really loved this workout, and the weather was perfect, despite the headwind I had for the sprinting portion. It was tough, but I was constantly changing my movements, so it prevented me from getting bored.


After a short rest period, I made my way over to the bleachers for bleacher runs. I completed three sets of 12 bleacher runs, and while it is not quite my Mt. Bonnell workout, it still did the job. In between each set of bleacher runs, I completed 20 one-leg tricep dips (ten on each leg). All in all, it was an excellent workout, though I have a feeling my hamstrings are going to be S-O-R-E tomorrow.

After my workout, I headed out to Bellaire to cross an item off of my Spring Break To-Do List: Island Grill Restaurant. It was the perfect day to try a new smoothie, and this one did not disappoint. I ordered the Strawberry Wave, which is a blend of strawberry, banana, and apple juice. I realized that I order this smoothie blend quite often, but it is always so good that I have a hard time straying from what I know I like. It looked like a fun little restaurant, so I will definitely be returning to order actual food.

Excuse the crazy hair - I didn't shower right after my workout, sue me!
I then had myself a nice little Houston adventure, that I will be posting about once I pick up my camera cord from a friend. I hope you haven't let this beautiful day pass you by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS