Monday, March 18, 2013

March Madness

So, I had a whole post all typed out that was all about my humid six-mile run at Town Lake this morning, but I didn't post it on account of the fact that I couldn't get my Garmin to upload my run to this tracking website one of my former teachers told me about, so that post is currently sitting in my drafts. I'll give you a brief synopsis - it was a HUMID run and it was a struggle to get through those six miles. But, I did it, in a 8:54 min/mile pace, which is a bit slower than usual, but the important thing is that I talked myself out of stopping and walking. Gotta take what you can get!

March Madness

Now, onto the more exciting things. I am a HUGE sports fan - I grew up playing sports, watching my little brother play sports, watching sports on television, going to professional and college sporting events - so you could say that sports are a big part of my life. I will admit, though, that basketball is not my favorite sport to watch. March Madness, however, is a whole other story. I love March Madness. It's so exciting, and the players are out there having the time of their lives. My bracket never actually wins (well, one time it did), and always ends up getting busted, but I still love making one! If you made a bracket, who's your "sleeper team?" I always try and predict who it's going to be, but I never quite get it right.

I pick Duke to win every year - I LOVE Duke basketball!
This year, along with my actual March Madness bracket, I am participating in the Jezebel March Madness: 80's vs. 90's. This March Madness is sort of poking fun at the actual March Madness bracket obsession and focuses instead on "resolving greater cultural disputes." This year is a battle of the decades, and being a product of the 90's, I couldn't help but make a bracket. I will admit that I didn't know what some the things were, but it will be a Cosby Show-Spice Girls showdown for me. Who will be the winner? As much fun as I had with the real bracket, I had just as much fun with this one. Make one, and tell me how your bracket compares to mine!

2 comments:

  1. i nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://www.runningathousandmiles.com/2013/03/the-liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much - look out for my response to your questions (and your nomination!) coming soon! :)

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS