Sunday, March 3, 2013

Southwest Black Bean Chicken

I know I shouldn't be taking the time to write this post if I am going to complain about how much work I have to do this week, but this recipe was just too good to not share with you guys.


I was reading through some notes from the Shakespeare class I took last summer, in the hopes that they might help me with the Shakespeare I am reading this semester, and though I didn't find anything particularly helpful in my notes, I did find a recipe that I evidently tore out of a magazine and stuck in my school stuff. Why I stuck it there, I don't know, but it looked too good not to try.  I realized that I actually had all of the ingredients to make it, or that I had reasonable substitutions for the things I didn't have, so I decided it would be smart to whip up this recipe so that I won't have to spend my precious study time cooking (and cleaning).

Ingredients
  • Four skinless, boneless chicken breasts (*thawed)
  • 1 15 oz. can black beans, washed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
  • 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit
2. Line 13 x 9 pan with aluminum foil
3. Put the black beans, corn, tomatoes, and mushrooms in a bowl and mix together; season as desired



4. Spoon mixture onto foil
5. Place chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and season as desired
6. Cover the pan with foil and put it in the oven for 22-26 minutes


*I seem to have a hard time remembering to take things out of the freezer until right before I want to cook or use them, so I had to keep my concoction in the oven for 45 minutes. So, be smart and be sure to thaw out your chicken before you cook it!

I am so excited for this meal because I can have it for the rest of the week, and I probable won't get tired of it. I'll let you know how it tastes as soon as I try it, but I'm betting it won't disappoint. Let me know if you decide to make it, and if you make any changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS