Sunday, March 3, 2013

Study Sunday

I have been loving the weather in Austin these days. It's unfortunate that I have had to spend a lot of it inside studying, but in just five long short days, I will be enjoying the Houston sunshine. So, it's just a matter of pushing through these next five days. It really is a huge relief to not have my research paper due until after spring break, and I have gotten a significant start on it, so hopefully I won't have too much of it to work on over the break. I have been fairly productive these last couple of days, but I haven't had much spare time to search for and complete a survey for you this Sunday, so I'll just give you a quick catch up of these last few days, and then be on my merry way.

A statement made in my Adolescent Development textbook - I'm not so sure I can agree with that one!
Thursday was just one of those days. It started with me waking up a bit later than usual, resulting in my rushing around and having to grab breakfast to go. As I was biking to class, my shoelace got stuck in my pedal, so I had to stop and fix it. Then, I got stopped by the never-ending construction on Speedway, which for some reason just really irritates me, and then I walked into my 8am class and my and Katie's usual seats were occupied. So, it was a morning. Then, my roommates texted me saying that three of our cars had been broken into last night. Of course, mine was one of them, though no glass was broken, and they only took my spare tire, so I can't complain too much. My poor car has just been through a lot in its lifetime!

My Thursday was made a lot better, however, when a few of my teammates and I stopped at the HEB by Murchison and stocked up on some ice cream to take to our kids after school. We had a big half-niter event last night, and we wanted to see if we could get some last-minute sign-ups. The eighth grade girls made quite the showing, and what started off as a chilly, gloomy day turned into a sunny and beautiful one.

Patrick and his ice cream
Precious eighth grade girls
As I mentioned earlier, last night was our second annual WyldLife half-niter event, in which we load kids onto buses and take them to various spots in Austin. Last night we went to Main Event, where the kids could play laser tag, mini golf, and bowl. Funny story, one of my co-leaders and I might have been responsible for holding all three buses because we told a sixth grade boy he could play a round of laser tag before the buses left. I'm just very thankful that we didn't leave without him!

The sunset before we loaded the buses
We then carted them off to Jump-o-line, one of those places filled with wall-to-wall trampolines, which is always a huge success, but a lot of the leaders were definitely dragging by this point. Whoever said college students don't need sleep was very mistaken! After Jump-o-line, we headed back to the Firehouse for club and an ice cream party. I jetted out before the ice cream party, but I'd say it was a very successful night.

Today has been full of homework, but I plan on taking a break to enjoy the sunshine and warm weather - spring is officially in the air! - and to attend a 5:00pm church service before getting back to the books. I promise I'll be back with some more exciting posts once Thursday is over. Until then, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS