Friday, March 29, 2013

Tiny Boxwood Cafe

Happy Good Friday, everyone! And what a Good Friday it is! I planned on trying to sleep in a bit, but since I went to bed fairly early last night, I woke up on my own at 7:15am. It was fine by me, because I had a quick homework assignment to email in before 5:00pm today, so I managed to get that done before meeting Amira for a 9:15am spin class at the MAC.

I have been going to spin classes in Austin on a pretty consistent basis, but none of them are as hard (or as long) as this 70-minute spin with Betsy. I thought my lungs were going to explode when she had us go one level higher than our hard hill, maintaining 70 RPM. If none of that makes sense to you, it was basically pedaling fast on high resistance. It was so tough! But it was a great workout and I am going to miss my favorite instructors this summer. Luckily, I will be home for a few weeks before I head back to Austin to work, so I will be sure to take full advantage of them while I am home.

After a shower and a bit of reading - apparently professors think it's okay to assign homework over a holiday, what's that about? - I headed over to the Highland Village to meet two of my best friends from high school for lunch. Remember my Spring Break To-Do List? Well, I crossed another one off my list this afternoon - after battling some insane traffic, I enjoyed an incredible lunch at Tiny Boxwood Cafe. Not only was the food delicious, but the atmosphere was precious. I can't wait to go back!


After much deliberation, I opted for the Turkey and Avocado Club - minus the bacon and basil pesto aioli, with a side of fresh fruit.


Lindsay also went for a sandwich, whose name is escaping me, and Amira went for Tiny's Summer Salad.



Everything was absolutely delicious, and the company was even better. I always love getting together with them, and I hate that it happens so infrequently. I am hoping they will be able to make a couple trips to Austin this summer, though!

And now I am relaxing, getting ready to finish reading Shakespeare's The Tempest, and gearing up to make a grocery store run - I have a few new recipes that I am dying to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS