Monday, April 1, 2013

April First

Happy first day of April! And a happy Phillies Opening Day! Tonight is the night we begin our run to the World Series. You heard it here first. Anyway, I hope you all had a relaxing weekend - I apologize for my lack of posts, but I was feeling a bit under the weather for most of the weekend, so I spent a lot of time on the couch watching Pretty Little Liars. I also did some baking (of course), and helped prepare a bit of our Easter dinner. It was a very relaxing weekend, and though I am ready to get back to my life in Austin, I am not quite ready for the hustle and bustle. I feel like whenever I am at home, I can relax a little bit, but if I relax while I am at school, I feel like there is something I can be doing. Thankfully, I don't have class on Monday, so I was able to extend my weekend a bit. I am planning to leave after I eat lunch today, which means I can put in a few solid hours of study time at home before heading back to Austin.


Oreo-stuffed brownies with cream cheese frosting 
Puppy chow rice krispie treats
Peanut butter chocolate chip swirl cookies 
Easter dinner - I made the vegetables!
Peanut butter M&M cookies

Workout

Since I am still at home, I decided to attend the 9:00am spin class at my gym this morning. I haven't been to this class in so long, mainly because it is a 70-minute ride, and those feel exponentially longer than the hour-long rides. But, I love the instructor, so I decided to give it a shot. Plus, I had to redeem myself as I had to swallow my pride on Saturday and walk out of that class, due to not feeling well at all. I knew something had to be wrong because I am not one to walk out in the middle of a workout!

Today's spin class more than made up for Saturday's lack thereof - it was TOUGH - but I also really enjoyed it. The instructor makes it challenging, but not so challenging that you get frustrated because what she's asking you to do is so difficult. Plus, she's very encouraging, and she plays some of the best music of all the spin classes I attend.


Now I am preparing to set up shop on our dining room table, and get a couple solid hours of studying in before beginning the drive back to school. Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I love that your class bikes display RPM And Watts. I always have such a hard time gauging my effort in spin classes when the teacher is just like "turn the knob half way"...it would be so much more helpful if you could actually SEE what you were supposed to be reaching (or even just heart rate goals for those of us who wear our HRMs in class). Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? At first when my gym announced that they were getting new spin bikes, I was a bit skeptical, mostly because now I KNOW when I am slacking off - so it makes me push myself even harder to stay on track with the rest of the class!
      And thank you - being sick is no fun at all!

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS