Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Moving On Up

Though I am not yet a graduating senior, I still had one of my "lasts" last night. As I have talked about on the blog before, I am involved in an organization called YoungLife, and I am specifically involved with WyldLife, which is YoungLife for middle school students. I work specifically with eighth grade girls, who as of last night, officially "graduated" to YoungLife club. Since I still have one more year of school, I get to move up to YoungLife and high school with them. So, last night was my last WyldLife club, too. I just can't believe how fast time has gone. I have loved having them as middle schoolers, and I can't wait for the adventures still to come as their YoungLife leader.

Graduation Club
Old girl leaders
We even got to see a rainbow
And then the paint wars started 



Campaigners
Placement Night 2013
Workout

Today's workout was the same as last Tuesday's workout - BodyPump! I tend to get bored when I do weights on my own, or I will train some muscles and not others, so BodyPump is the perfect class for me to make sure I am fitting in a little bit of everything.

Today's track was a bit different from the track we have been doing these past two weeks. It incorporated a little bit of old and a little bit of new, and I really liked it. The highlights from today's class were the front squats, which are surprisingly difficult,

(Source)
front-to-back lunges while holding weights, and the fact that we did our back track to this song:

(Source)
I really enjoyed the class today, and I followed up the class with 20 minutes on the treadmill. I ran a little over two miles and then walked on an incline for the remaining few minutes. An excellent Tuesday workout, I'd say!

I hope you enjoy your last few hours of April. I can't believe it's already going to be May. Next thing I know I'll be done with finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS