Monday, April 29, 2013

Spin Certification

Happy muggy Monday from Austin! It is nice and steamy outside thanks to a little mid-afternoon shower, which should make for some really pleasant weather for YoungLife tonight. It's taking place in a park, so let's hope that the temperature cools off a bit, and that the rain holds off at least until 8:00pm!

Workout

It's about that time of year where I start trading in my running shoes for my one-piece and goggles. Not that I haven't already been swimming quite a bit, but I have also been balancing it with running. However, with what was probably my last 10K of the race season this past Saturday in Houston, I can finally tone down the running and try out some new workouts and exercises. Don't get me wrong, I will still be running, but it will likely be more sprint and treadmill workouts than long-distance running. While I don't mind the heat, the humidity really gets to me, and a combination of heat and humidity is almost unbearable. So, I will be trying out some new and (hopefully) exciting workouts to share with you guys these next few months.

The medal from the Green 6.2 race this weekend
Anyway, moving on to today's workout, I did quite a bit of studying and work this morning, so around 11:15am, I biked on over to Gregory Gym for a swim workout. I completed my usual 80 laps, but I am also going to start looking for and creating new swim workouts so that I don't get bored with swimming, because it really is one of my favorite ways to exercise. It's relaxing, easy on the joints, and the easiest way to get a tan! 

Lunch

Lunch today was one of the best that I have had in a while. While I was home this weekend, my family obviously enjoyed a few meals from Hungry's, so on Saturday afternoon before I drove back to Austin, I made sure to order an extra meal that I could enjoy one day this week. That day was today, and it was so good.


I opted to try something that I have never tried before, the Beef Tenderloin Fajita Wrap, and I absolutely loved it. It might even be my new favorite. The wrap consists of beef tenderloin, avocado, rice, black beans, lettuce, and tomatoes, all wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. I personally omitted the cheese and chipotle chili sauce, but both of those toppings are also included. It was a winner, and the best part is that I still have half of it left to enjoy later this week.

And now for the exciting news. It is no secret that I love fitness and exercise, and would one day like to become a personal trainer. I thought about studying for it this summer, but I am really looking forward to a summer of no school or study commitments. Plus, it's not like I would really be able to use it for a while, so I am holding off for a couple of years. But, I am getting my spin certification this summer! I mentioned on Friday that I was thinning about making spin instructor certification my summer project. I did a bit of research and found that there is a gym in Austin that is hosting a Saturday spin instructor certification orientation. It runs from 9am to 6pm and will do almost everything to prepare us for the certification exam that you take online anytime after you finish orientation. I talked to my parents about it and they agreed that it sounded like a good investment, and like something that I would enjoy having. Though I don't know how much use I will get out of it next school year, it will be great to have because you never know what opportunities will present themselves. I can't wait to tell you guys all about it, and maybe you can even take a spin class from me one day in the future!

And now I must get back to the study grind, and then I am off to YoungLife! Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS