Saturday, April 20, 2013

May Books

I am completely unashamed of the fact that I already have my planner ready to go for the next school year. Yes, there are still a few weeks left in this one, but ever since I attended my information meeting regarding my internship and student teaching, I have been on the hunt for the perfect planner. In the meeting, the professors (and former students) really emphasized the importance of having a good planner. There is a lot that goes on throughout the semester, and possessing a good planner is really the only way to keep up with all of it. I love planners and lists and staying organized, but I often neglect using my planner about halfway through the school year, mainly because it becomes too big and bulky to carry around with me. When I saw a link to May Books on Pinterest, I knew I had found my match.


The planner is small, but with lots of room to write. And that's not even the best part. The best part is that you can completely customize the planner to look just how you want it to look. That may not excite some of you, but customizing and personalizing things is right up my alley, so I knew I was in the right place. You probably know by now that I love all things pink, so a pink background was a no-brainer. The tough part was the personalization, but I love the way it turned out. New school supplies always make me oddly excited for the start of a new year, which I guess is a good thing, because I have quite a few of them ahead of me!



Workout

This cold spring weather is not really doing it for me. One of the many things I love about living in Texas is the ability to wear shorts and t-shirt throughout most of the year. This year, however, it is getting closer to the end of April and I am still having to wear sweatshirts and pants. The weather is also interfering with my swims. As you may or may not remember, I signed up to participate in the Cap Tex Tri that will be happening at the end of May, and though I am fairly confident in my swimming abilities, I would still like to keep swimming a consistent part of my exercise routine.


So, I waited until the temperature hit 70 degrees, and I biked on over to Gregory Gym for a swim. I snagged a lane all to myself and swam my usual 80 laps. I am still pretty sore from the Body Pump class I took on Thursday, so I was moving a bit slower than usual, but I still tried to push myself at least a little bit. Immediately after getting out of the pool, I bit into a big, juicy honeycrisp apple. It hit the post-workout spot.


And though I wish I could spend the rest of this beautiful day outside, this next week is crazy for me, so I will unfortunately be spending it inside doing reading, reading, and more reading. Life of an English major, you know?

1 comment:

  1. I love day planners. They are the best. I use google calendar now because it's just easier to change around, but when I was in school getting a new planned was my FAVORITE thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS