Sunday, April 7, 2013

Malaga Tapas and Bar

As summer draws nearer and nearer, I have found myself feeling really homesick for Barcelona and my European travel adventures. I have spent more time than I care to admit researching different trips so that I can get myself back to Europe after I graduate from college - either a trip of some sort, or even living and working over there for a few years. I couldn't live there forever, but I think teaching abroad for a few years would be a wonderful opportunity. I'm currently working on convincing my parents to let me be a chaperone (because I'm old enough to do that sort of thing, apparently) on a Spain, France, Italy trip next summer - so we'll see how that goes! I'm willing to get down and one knee and beg, if that's what it takes!

Anyway, a few weeks ago a couple of my roommates were talking about a tapas restaurant downtown, and Sarah and I knew we had to check it out. One of our favorite things about Barcelona was the food (typical), and in particular, the Spanish tortilla. We met up with one of our other friends from Barcelona for a delicious Spanish dinner at Malaga Tapas and Bar.


Sarah and I were both going to get the Tortilla Catalana (I am sure you are all shocked to hear that one), but Blake suggested each ordering something different and all sharing. I was pro that idea, because I was also eyeing the Spanish meatballs, so this plan would allow me to enjoy both. We settled on the Albondigas en Salsa Brava, Tortilla Catalana, and something our waiter recommended - Coca de Pato Ahumado, which is grilled Spanish flat bread with thin slices of smoked duck breast. I couldn't eat that one because of the cheese, but they so kindly let me have a majority of the meatballs. Everything was absolutely delicious, and it made me even more homesick for Barcelona. If only we could have been overlooking the beach while we ate, it would have been absolutely perfect!





Our very favorite Spanish meal
It was an absolutely beautiful night - the temperature was around 75 degrees, the wind was lightly blowing, and we left just as the sun was setting. I hadn't seen Blake since Barcelona, so it was great to hear about the rest of his time in Barcelona, as well as just spend time catching up with one another. We made it our goal to find other tapas restaurants in our area, as these tapas were so authentic that we really felt like we were back in Barcelona.

And I'm off to squeeze in a bit of studying before my YoungLife team meeting. I hope you have had a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS