Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Things Friday

In light of the recent tragedies that have hit us this week, I figured I'd do a simple post listing five things that bring me joy or that I am thankful for this week.

the view from my mid-morning run



The tragedy at the Boston Marathon hit me hard. As a non-runner-turned-runner, I know how hard each and every single one of those runners trained. Each runner has his or her own story of how he or she got there, and to have it taken away like that just broke my heart. Today, I am thankful for legs that allow me to walk and run, as I completed a 3.5-mile run around Town Lake before walking the 3-mile loop.

getting to spend Tuesday night with my best friend in College Station

We had dinner at Blue Baker
I have been telling Gayle for almost two years now that I would come visit her in College Station and attend Breakaway with her. Gayle started volunteering with Breakaway at the beginning of her sophomore year and has just loved it. I've heard from many people how incredible it is, and this past Tuesday, I finally got to go and experience it for myself. It was such an incredible experience, and it's so cool to see how much it has grown from when it first started with 12 students gathering in a single apartment.

sweet notes from my roommates


I woke up on Thursday morning just before 7:00am, not quite awake yet, and knowing that I had four classes to face today. I walked into the bathroom and found the sweetest note taped to the mirror, courtesy of my Suite One roommate, Sarah. I'm sure you all recognize her from my various travel posts. She's such an incredible friend and roommate, and I am so thankful for her. This note made my whole day start off on a positive note (which was a good thing, considering the fact that not even 30 minutes later I got caught in a torrential downpour).

this Michael Buble song

(Source)
This song came on during my run this morning and it really has been such a beautiful day. I do enjoy the occasional rainy day, if I can snuggle up under a blanket with a good book, but I much prefer days that are filled with sunshine. This song just puts a little pep in my step, and you should all give it a listen.

registering for my last fall semester of classes

Not the best form, is it?
On Tuesday morning, I registered for my last fall semester of classes. For once, I got every single class I wanted on the very first try. Since I only have nine hours that I have to take to finish out my major, I signed up for some fun classes - an advertising class and a tennis class. I am so excited for this upcoming semester of teaching, but I won't lie and say that the class for which I am most excited is my tennis class. I have the future goal of becoming a rockstar tennis mom, so this is the first step to accomplishing that goal.

Five Things Friday might become my new Survey Sunday, since I've clearly been slacking on that front. I'm off to campaigners, and then to watch some of my girls perform in the Anderson High School spring show. See y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS