Friday, March 22, 2013

Wholly Cow Burgers

Happy Friday, my friends! This first week back from spring break has been a good one, and it has absolutely flown by. I am going to assume that the rest of the semester will follow suit, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. I'm so excited for summer, but that also means I am one step closer to graduating from this wonderful place. But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves!

Breakfast

My original plan this morning was to wake up, go for an early run, and then come back and fix myself breakfast. Well, our placement night practice lasted a bit longer than we anticipated last night, so I woke up a bit later than I wanted to. I ate breakfast - a combination of egg white vegetable bars and banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins, did a little bit of cleaning up, and then headed out for a workout. Whatever works!

Workout

Around 9:45am, I drove over to Mt. Bonnell to run some stairs. It has been a while since I have done this, and the humidity was high today. I was huffing and puffing at my eighth set, but I pushed through and finished it, knowing I would feel better if I completed what I originally set out to do.

I then made my way over to 24-hour Fitness for a quick 30-minute arm and ab workout that looked like this: 


Lunch

I tried to do a bit of homework, but I think the excitement of this weekend just got the best of me. I didn't end up finishing very much of it, but it's the thought that counts! My dad happened to be making a trip to Austin for a business meeting, and though I just saw him last week, I am never going to turn down a chance to hang out with him. Plus, I got a free meal at a new-to-me restaurant. That's a winning combination in my book!

I have been meaning to try Wholly Cow Burgers for some time, and since my dad and I are both big-time burger fans, I figured this was the perfect time to do so. It's only about ten minutes from my house, which made it all the better. Wholly Cow Burgers serves only local grass-fed burgers that are both hormone and chemical-free.


My dad went for the regular old cheeseburger, while I opted for Bella Bella Bella, which is supposed to be a veggie burger sandwiched between two portabella mushrooms. However, they were out of portabella mushrooms, so they substituted the mushrooms for lettuce, and just added some sliced mushrooms to the top of the burger.  We also shared a side of sweet potato fries, because they are definitely one of my weaknesses. These fries did not disappoint.



My burger was good, but I was just a little bummed out that they didn't have the portabella mushrooms. Oh well, I guess that means I'll have to go back! The highlight was that I got to  hang out with my dad before he headed back to Houston, even if only for a little while. And now I'm off to campaigners, and the excitement that is UT YoungLife Placement Night! There should be some priceless photos to share with you guys, so be on the lookout for that post that should be coming your way tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I really like their food, but they don't have great service. Last time I was there, they lost our food and we waited for an hour. Then they just made us our food and gave us our money back but had no idea how much they owed us because they didn't have the receipts. BUT. Our food was fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree on the service thing.. my dad and I waited for our food for QUITE a while! But, the food is fabulous!

      Delete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS