Friday, March 8, 2013

Houston Love

If you have been reading my blog at all these past two weeks, you probably know that this past week of school was absolutely CRAZY for me. I had three tests, interview questions due, and a quiz that covered material from the entire semester thus far. As an English major, I have become much more used to writing papers upon papers upon papers, but this semester has been (and will continue to be) very test-heavy for me. I have come to the conclusion that I much prefer papers to tests, because you can finish a paper, but you never really finish studying for a test. I just love that sense of completion that comes with finishing a tough paper. Anyway, this week was pretty exhausting, and to say that I'm happy to be home is an understatement.

Contributing to the destruction of our environment with all that studying!
I left Austin a little after 4:00pm yesterday, made a stop at Buc-ees for some gas, and pulled into my driveway a little bit before 7:00pm. I hardly hit any traffic, and it was a beautiful evening for a short little road trip. I think I have discovered my new favorite driving time.



My parents ordered Hungry's for me, and it was delivered about 15 minutes after I got home. I opted for the Baja Chicken Wrap - whole wheat tortillas stuffed with chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, and black beans. It was delicious, and I'm betting I have Hungry's at least two more times before I go back to school, but I also can't neglect the restaurants on my spring break to-do list. I have also been reminded that I am old enough to go to the Next Door Bar and Lounge and enjoy a glass of wine, so I might just take my mature self on up there.


I spent the rest of the evening just lounging, and I crashed around 10:30pm. Evidently three nights of getting only six hours of sleep will do that to you. I don't seem to be able to function very well on less than seven. And I would really prefer eight hours, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

This morning I woke up and ate what was left of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffins, mainly because I haven't had time to buy or make anything else. It's only a matter of time until I make my way to the kitchen to whip up new (and old) recipes.



I then headed up the road to my beloved MAC for the 9:15am spin class. This class is always a tough one, but I made it through the entire class before heading upstairs for a mini arm workout. It wasn't much, but it consisted of six sets of bicep curls combined with lateral and frontal arm raises. I'd call it a successful workout! 

Now I'm off to take my bike to the local bike shop to get my pedal and tire fixed for my triathlon duathlon (more on that soon) this weekend. Hope to catch up with you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS