Friday, July 31, 2015

Things I'm Loving Friday XLIV

Happy Friday! My last Friday of F-R-E-E-D-O-M! How am I celebrating? Working out, reading, baking, and dinner with a few friends before I go MIA for the next couple of weeks. This upcoming week consists of two-a-days, and after that I have to juggle practice with inservice (and supposedly setting up a classroom!!!), and that's something I don't even want to think about. But if I can make it through these next three weeks, I can do anything, right? Right. But I've got a nice long weekend ahead of me, so let's focus on enjoying that before even thinking about anything else.

Cards Against Humanity
Remember how I said the movie Trainwreck is fairly inappropriate at parts? But how it's so funny that it's kind of okay? The same can be said for the game Cards Against Humanity. It's a more grown-up version of Apples to Apples, if you will. Which is a more grown-up game of Mad Libs, in my opinion. In fact, the tagline for Cards Against Humanity is "A party game for horrible people." So you have to be sure to play this game with the right people. But it is guaranteed to bring more than a few laughs (and probably a few cringe worthy moments) to the table. The rowdier the responses, the better. I'm convinced that it's the perfect party game, and it's sure to bring any group of friends closer together.

(Source)
Blush and Brush Blow Dry Bar
I was blessed (cursed?) with the gift of naturally curly hair. Which means it's pretty easy to fix in the morning, as I simply stick it in the shower for a few seconds, quickly towel it dry(ish), and run a nickel-size of product through my hair. And then I'm out the door. I'm just not willing to spend a lot of time fixing my hair, unless it's for a special occasion. And even then it's not going to look the same as it does in my head. So for Hayley's wedding, I treated myself to a blowout. Because in the middle of July, no matter what I did to my hair, it was not going to hold. I figured it was worth the additional cost to ensure that the pictures Hayley would have for the rest of her life were not ruined by wild summer hair. I made a 45-minute appointment at Blush and Brush near Memorial City Mall, and I cannot recommend it enough. She understood my request for loose curls that "would hold up while taking pictures in the middle of the afternoon." Every other time I've gotten my hair done, I've had to spend time frantically loosening the curls, and this time I walked out of the salon not wanting even one hair to move. And I wasn't disappointed. At least until I hit the dance floor. But I would have been more disappointed had it not been messed up after that.


Nathan QuickDraw Plus Handheld Water Bottle
In case you missed it, I'm training for a marathon. And in case you haven't stepped outside in a while, temperatures are regularly in the high 90's, and we've even hit 100 degrees a time or two. But it takes a lot of time to build up to running 26 consecutive miles, so even though it's as hot as you-know-what, the USA Fit Houston group is up and running. We do start before the 7 o'clock hour, but it's still hot, hot, hot. And that means staying hydrated is extra important. And while the marathon course will be loaded with water stops, the neighborhoods near Memorial Park are not. Which means during the duration of my training, I'll be loaded down with either a hydration belt, which is not my first choice, or I'll be running with this handheld water bottle, found at my local REI. It holds 22 oz. of water, fits easily and securely on my hand, has a side pocket for keys, an ID, or even some sport beans, and most importantly, it is going to keep me hydrated on these hot summer runs. It's definitely not a burden, and it's a must-have for any distance runner who enjoys running in the summertime.

(Source)
Sweet Cherries
Cherries have never been my first choice fruit. In fact, I didn't even know I liked cherries until sometime last year. I'm not sure why I thought I didn't like them, as my go-to flavor has always been cherry, but I've realized the error of my ways. And even though I now know that I like cherries, I rarely purchase them on my own accord. They tend to be on the expensive side of the fruit spectrum, and they can often be very hit or miss. But I was perusing Fresh Market the other day and they happened to have a sample display filled with Sweet Cherries. I'm not one to pass up free fruit, so I gave one of the cherries a taste. It was both refreshing and delicious, so I bought a whole bag. They were on sale! And cherries are chock-full of healthy benefits - they fight post-workout soreness, lower the risk of heart disease, and can even help you get a good night's sleep - among other things. A tasty summer treat!



And that's all I've got for you guys today. A bit on the random side, but random is what this week has been. And on that note, I'm off to squeeze in a couple more errands and possibly a quick swim while the sun is still out. Have a great one! And can you guys believe this is the last day of July? Where has this year gone? I'm kind of at a loss, but it's full-speed ahead. Oh, and happy birthday, Harry!

5 comments:

  1. but I really loved the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters right here! Its always good when you can not Testo Factor Xsolely be informed, but in addition engaged! Im positive you had pleasure penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there arent a lot good supply like this.
    Please tell me that youre heading to keep this up! Its so excellent and so important. I cant wait to read extra from you. I just really feel like you know so significantly and know how to make people listen to what you might have to say. This weblog is just also cool to become missed. Terrific things, genuinely. Please, PLEASE keep it up!You gave tremendous positive points there.
    http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/testo-factor-x/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply found your site not to mention was going to believe which i experience unquestionably appreciated searching your blogNeuroplex Pro items. In fact We are registering to an individuals feed and I we imagine you compose once soon enough!I will surely foreward this post to all of my pals! Its very first
    http://www.healthsupreviews.com/neuroplex-pro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a special blog. I will come back again for more.I admire the useful information and facts you provide in your content. I will bookmark Neuroplex Proyour weblog and also have my kids examine up right here normally. I am very certain theyll learn a lot of new stuff here than anyone else!Starting a content kind of like this one forced me to http://www.healthsupreviews.com/neuroplex-pro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me some time to come across this site but it was worth the time. I noticed this website was buried in google and not the Neuro Elitefirst spot. This internet site has a lot of respectable stuff and it doesnt deserve to be burried in the searches like that. By the way Im going to add this site to my list of favorites.How do you make a blog site look this sick! Email me if you can and share your wisdom. Id appreciate it.Valuable info. Lucky me I found your website by accident,
    http://www.supplements4help.com/neuro-elite/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though you make some VERY fascinating points, youre going to have to do more than bring up a few things that may be different than what weve already heard. What are trying to say here? What do you want us to think? It seems like you cant really get behind a unique thought. Anyway, thats just my opinion.
    I gotta say this internet web page is definitely unique, hold submitting fantastic info.I wanted to compose you a bit of observation to finally say thank you yet again regarding the nice techniques you have documented at this time. It is quite wonderfully generous of people like you in giving extensively just what a lot of people would've offered for sale as an e-book in making some cash on their own, chiefly seeing that you could have done it if you ever decided.Synagen IQ These strategies additionally served as the huge way to be sure that somebody else have the identical fervor just like my own to discover out decent deal more with regards to this problem. I know there are numerous more enjoyable instances ahead for people that take a look at your internet site.Wow What great information. Thank you for the time you spent on this post.Wow. It's a nice reminder that good people are real in this world.I would like to thank you for the time you have made in writing this blogpost.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/synagen-iq/

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS