Sunday, July 26, 2015

Currently

Happy Sunday! Whew, what a whirlwind of a weekend! It's been very go-go-go, but every single part of it has been so wonderful, so I'm pretty ready for the semi-relaxed week that I have ahead of me. Though, I do plan on filling this week with fun, family, friends, and food, so it will be busy, but in the best way. But before we get going with this week, let's keep things regular with another survey.

Current book(s): I recently finished Harper Lee’s Go Set a Watchman, Marina Keegan’s The Opposite of Loneliness, and I am just getting ready to start Paul Tough’s How Children Succeed, lent to me by one of the Bellaire volleyball dads just the other day. As a teacher in the public school system, this book seems both interesting and applicable, so I will be sure to share with you guys my thoughts on the book once I finish.


Current music: My most recent song obsession is Cole Swindell’s Let Me See Ya Girl. I heard it on the radio as I was driving to the airport last week, and I can't get enough of it! I'm always a fan of country music, but country music in the summertime is even better.


Current guilty pleasure: Dark chocolate. Can that always be my answer? I just can't ever seem to get enough.

Current nail color: They were once fully pink, but now they’re chipping. And I absolutely hate when that happens, so I’m either going to have to take the nail polish completely off, or touch them up. I just think it looks so tacky when my nails are chipped, but that's my own personal problem. 

Current drink: Water. Water. Water. Temperatures are getting close to the 100s here in Houston, and water is an absolute necessity. I can’t seem to get enough of it,

Current food: I'm really missing all of the fun food in New York City. Not that Houston is lacking in that department. At all. But recently I have been obsessed with the Mediterranean Salad with grilled chicken from Becks Prime, as you guys read about on Friday. I also went there on Friday ... again. But I do need to get back in the cooking groove, so if you have any fun recipes, please send them my way!


Current favorite show: I am so boring when it comes to answering this question, because I’m never watching a new show. It’s not that I don’t have time, because if I really wanted to watch something, I would, it’s that I’d rather read or blog or bake if I get a moment of free time. So, I’m going to go with Friday Night Lights. I’ve been watching episodes here and there when they’re on television, and it reminds me of how good that show is.

(Source)
Current wish list: I'm not going to lie. I am so looking forward to next Saturday, when my shopping ban is O V E R. While I am not going to go crazy, as that would defeat the purpose of the past two months, I am looking forward to just walking into Anthropologie and buying a couple of back-to-school outfits. Sometimes the right outfit is all a girl needs to walk into a room with confidence. And confidence is surely needed when walking into a room of 30+ freshmen.

Current bane of my existence: To be completely honest, nothing comes to mind. I could say the heat, but it's Texas, and it's summertime. So it sort of comes with the territory. But I'll take it as a good sign that nothing immediately came to mind when answering this question.

Current celebrity crush: Though I tend to take Hollywood with a grain of salt, I am borderline obsessed with Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. Talk about the most attractive couple of all time. I'm also a pretty big fan of Hugh Jackman. 

Current blessing: Having a job that I absolutely love. My life is about to get CRAZY, and this blog is about to take a big hit because of it, but I'm #blessed to truly love what I do. I'm about to go back to volleyball and back to school, but I wouldn't change one single thing about it.


Current slang: On fleek. I honestly can’t get over that one, even if it has run its course. Though I really don't think it has. But I'll soon find out come the first couple days of school.

Current outfit: Nike shorts and a t-shirt. Classic Kelli.


Current excitement: This was supposed to be posted earlier today, but my computer acted up on me, resulting in a late late late blog post. Anyway - later this afternoon I’m getting together with Sarah and Natalie to do a little bit of Houston exploration – we’re going to take pictures at various Houston sites, eat dinner at the original Ninfa’s on Navigation (I’m embarrassed that I’ve never been), and I am finally, finally going to cross watching the sunset from the James Turrell Skyspace off of my bucket list. About time, right?


Current mood: Joyful, exhausted, refreshed, excited. My summer has been incredible - full of rest and reading and travel and friends and exercise and volleyball and while I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to it, I also feel ready to take on this year. I like having a schedule and I like being busy, and I'm certainly about to get my fair share of both. 



Current link: Typical me - I have about 14 different tabs open on my computer. From inspiring articles to a recipe to a workout to a BuzzFeed article, I've got it all covered. 

Again, I apologize for the delay in this blog post. Kind of ironic given the title of the post. But I hope you enjoyed a most fabulous weekend, and are gearing up for a great week ahead. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS