Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Egg White and Vegetable Bagel Thin

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I'm just popping in to share a quick - and super easy - recipe with you guys. In fact, it's so easy, I feel guilty calling it a recipe. But I enjoyed it so much that I would have felt even more guilty had I not shared it with you guys. What I love about it - aside from the taste and the healthy factor - is that it's so darn portable. I whipped it up quickly this morning and carried it with me to Rice to eat just before the start of camp. I plan on making it tomorrow, and because I'll be up before any restaurant even thinks about opening, I plan on bringing it with me to eat on the airplane Friday.


I'm hesitant, yet still expectant
Now, I'm not normally a bagel person. Though delicious, there are just too many empty carbs. What I mean by that is, I never feel fully satisfied after eating a bagel, and that's a problem when you consider how caloric many of them are. But thin the bagel out a little bit, make it whole wheat, and you've got yourself a winner. A breakfast full of healthy carbs, protein, vegetables, and taste. That last one is important. 

I have a feeling this one will be making many a school appearance. Especially as I'm juggling volleyball practice and inservice requirements - I'll be up there all day! I'll need something quick, easy to transport, filling, and delicious. And this one fits all of those requirements. 

Ingredients:


Directions:
1. Start by gathering your mushrooms and chopping your asparagus. Set aside.
2. Spray a pan with cooking spray and place over the stove on medium heat.
3. Measure 6 tablespoons of egg whites into the pan.
4. Place bagel thin into toaster, toasting for 2-3 minutes.
5. When the egg whites begin bubbling, add in spinach, asparagus, and mushrooms.
6. Using a spatula, scramble eggs and vegetables together until fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes.



7. Turn off heat and spread salsa over both bagel thins. Gently spoon egg white scramble onto both of your bagel thins. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
8. Carefully place one bagel thin on top of the other, like you're smushing together a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (though maybe do it with a bit more caution, as the inside contents will come tumbling out if you haphazardly put them together), and enjoy!

This meal took no time at all to throw together. In fact, what probably took me the longest was the photography aspect of my breakfast. And now that I've got that out of my system, I'll be good to go. A delicious breakfast that you can feel good about eating, and that's the best way to start your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS