Friday, July 24, 2015

Lower Body Exhaustion

Happy Friday once again! I’m just popping in to share a quick portion of a workout with you guys that absolutely destroyed my legs. I can in no way take credit for this one, rather, all the credit goes to Felipe. I took one of his classes today – after probably a two-and-a-half week hiatus – and I was a sweaty little mess by the end of it. You think you’re in relatively good shape, and then you take one of his classes. And you have to sit down on a bench at the end of class because you just need a moment. But you’re always glad you did it. Anyway, this five-minute portion of what I like to call lower body exhaustion came at the very end of class, and it would be something quick to do if you were short on time, but wanted to feel fatigue. Because fatigue is what I felt.

The only thing you’ll need to complete this workout is a weighted bar, and the weight you carry is one hundred percent up to you. I had a 25-lb bar on my shoulders, and while I probably could have gone heavier had I not just completed 45 minutes of Felipe’s class, I found it to be a good weight. But like I said, the weight is completely up to you. You will go through this first cycle two times before moving onto the second cycle, which will also be completed two times. It’s only five minutes, and it’s only ten reps, but I guarantee it will leave you with jello legs and heavy breathing.

First Cycle:
  • 10 regular squats
(Source)
  • 10 sumo squats
(Source)
  • 10 deadlifts
(Source)
  • 10 squat to upright row
(Source)
  • 10 bent over underhand row
(Source)
  • 10 squat to overhead press

(Source)
Second Cycle:
  • 10 jumping squats
(Source)
  • 10 jumping lunges
(Source)
  • 10 burpees (everybody’s favorite, right?)


Except I added a jump at the end of each burpee (Source)
I was cursing Felipe’s name, especially that second time through, but I also felt strong and accomplished – once I caught my breath, of course. The perfect blend of cardio and strength training, and it's over in five minutes. Just remember that when you want to quit. Enjoy the rest of your FriYAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS