Sunday, July 12, 2015

A to Z

Happy Sunday! July is nearly halfway over, and I just don't know where the time has gone. I'm gearing up for another crazy week, but this one ends with an early morning plane ride to New York City, so I guess I can't complain too much about it. But before I really get my day going, here's your weekly dosage of Survey Sunday. I'm hoping to be better about posting throughout the week this week, but I am making no promises.

A – Age: 23. It's been said that nobody likes you when you're 23, but I'm finding it to be a pretty great age.

23 in age; but we're not all the way mature quite yet
B – Biggest Fear: Cockroaches. And surprisingly, one of my biggest fears used to be scuba diving. I'm talking huge fear. As much as I love the water, it was something that I swore I would never do. It just goes to show that (almost) any fear can be conquered. I say almost because cockroaches is a fear I will never get over.

Thanks, Rob!
C – Current Time: 10:27am.

D – Drink You Had Last: Water. Lots and lots of water.

E – Easiest Person To Talk To: Gayle, for sure. Choosing to attend rival colleges, and choosing to lead lives that keep both of very busy, we don't get to see one another as often as we would probably like. But whenever we do get together, it's like no time at all has passed, and the words flow out like the water at Niagara Falls.

F – Favorite Song: I’m not sure that I can pick just one! It changes regularly, but, and feel free to judge me, but I can't help but jam out to Cheerleader whenever it comes on the radio. Okay, or via my Spotify playlist. I'll admit that it's a rather weird song, but it just gets you going. It's certainly not my favorite, but I do enjoy running to it.

G – Grossest Memory: Would this really be something you guys would want to read? I actually can't think of anything right off the top of my head, and I'm not going to to rack my brain too hard to think of anything.

H – Hometown: Houston, Texas. Born, raised, left for a few years, and now I’m back. I actually had a conversation with Amira and Lindsay last week about how I could spend the rest of my life in Houston and be perfectly content with that. Who knows where the next however many years will take me, but if they keep me in Houston, you won’t hear any complaints from me.

Hermann Park
The bayou
I – In Love With: SUMMER! I've always loved summer vacation, but this real world summer has been the absolute best. I've had quite a few commitments, and this past week had me feeling a little bit overwhelmed, but for the most part, I've not had a care in the world.

J – Jealous Of: My Instagram feed is flooded with people who are abroad - and when I say abroad, I don't just mean Europe. But that's one of the main sources. People in Africa, Asia, and South America, and I'm anxiously awaiting my next big travel adventure.

K – Kindest Person You Know: She may not physically be with us anymore, but my Granny was the kindest person I know, and I'll be surprised to find anyone kinder. She would give you the shirt off her back, and she would drop anything at all to lend you a hand. I learned so much from her, but to throw kindness around like confetti was one of the biggest and best lessons learned.


L – Longest Relationship: I'm proud to say that I have kept many of my Pre-K friendships. In fact, I had a three-and-a-half hour dinner with some of my best elementary school friends just the other night. We may all be doing very different things, but it's always so easy to fall back into rhythm with the people who shaped your growing up.


M – Middle Name: Elizabeth. Just like half of the world's population.

N – Number of Siblings: One.


O – One Wish: That this upcoming year is a healthy, fulfilling, and joy-filled one for me and all of my loved ones.

One of the most fulfilling parts of my year
P – Person You Spoke To On The Phone Last: Gram. Actually, we're currently playing phone tag, but I'm hoping to actually catch her sometime today. She's just too popular - I can't keep up with her schedule!

Q – Question You’re Always Asked: When people find out that I teach high school -"You teach high school? But you look like a high schooler!" I get it; it's a compliment, but come on, I really don't think I look that young.


R – Reason To Smile: This entire summer, the smile has not vanished from my face. I have had the best summer - trying new things, spending time with so many of my friends, reading, coaching volleyball, traveling, and relaxing. I couldn't have asked for anything better, and yet, the promise of a new school year also gives me a reason to smile. 



S – Song You Last Sang: I sang many a song last night at the MacDonald wedding. I believe Journey's Don't Stop Believin' rounded out the evening.

T – Time You Woke Up: 9:30am. But cut me some slack - I was at a wedding last night!

U – Underwear Color: Navy.

V – Vacation Destination: I would go back to Hawaii in a heartbeat, but Greece (I know, they’re in a huge financial crisis right now, but fun fact - it's actually a great time to travel there), Alaska, and Southeast Asia are high atop my list right now.

Thanks, Seth, for this unreal picture
W – Worst Habit: I think my worst habit has to be shopping. I don't do it that often, but when I feel like I've had a tough day or week at school, I see no problem in hitting up City Centre and visiting some of my favorite stores, buying things that I probably don't need. I'm having an easier time than I thought with my two-month buying ban, so maybe this will help me to take to other things to fill that void. 

X – X-Rays You’ve Had: I've of course had the usual X-Rays done at the dentist, but I had an X-Ray done on my shin back in February when I was dealing with that awful shin pain. You never want to run so much as when you're told that you can't.

Y – Your Favorite Food: Another question that I'm just not sure I can answer! It depends what meal we're talking here. Currently, I'm really into homemade granola and almond milk. In fact, I think I'll whip up a new batch today. Be looking for a new recipe in the near future!

Z – Zodiac Sign: Aquarius.

And I'm off to make today a very productive one. I've got a crazy week coming up, and I know I'll feel a lot better if I can cross all the items off of my to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS