Sunday, January 15, 2017

Half Marathon Sunday

Happy Sunday, all! I was hoping to get this up and running a little bit earlier than right now, but this is the first time I've really sat up since arriving home from the race. The 96% humidity hit me HARD, and I am finally, finally beginning to feel a little bit better. I won't go into the details, but we'll just say that I didn't quite reach my goal. And I could blame it on the weather, but I can moreso blame it on my pacing. Or lack thereof. I hit a wall at mile 10 and never really recovered. And I didn't totally tank, but I am a little bummed about my performance. The race itself was as fabulous as ever, though. The volunteers and spectators make this race happen, and I am so grateful for each one of them. And it hasn't stopped me from registering for next year's race. It also opened my eyes to the fact that, if I really, really plan on qualifying for the Boston Marathon, I've got to fully commit and fully focus on the task ahead of me. I get a couple of days to pout about it, a couple of days to rest, but you better believe I'm going to lace up my shoes and go after it again. With a new mentality and a fresh determination.


1. I’m happiest when… I am running (or walking my dog).


2. …Especially if it… is 60 degrees and sunny. With no humidity. 


3. I’ve always wanted to… learn how to surf.

4. My family and I… enjoy playing one another in Wheel of Fortune and Chain Reaction. Seriously. We bring the party with us.

5. I was a terrible… needlepointer. If that’s even a word. Once upon a time I was in Girl Scouts, and one of our meetings was a lesson on needlepoint. Our instructor, without even asking if anyone in the group was left-handed, told us that lefties have a harder time with needlepoint – for whatever reason, but I can’t remember. Anyway, I evidently had a very fixed mindset in the 3rd grade, and as a result, I failed miserably at this needlepoint lesson. I also quit Girl Scouts pretty soon after that.

6. My first job was… a volleyball scorekeeper at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.

7. I could eat the Garden Sammie (with chicken) from Local Foods everyday. Either that or the salad version. Local Foods has my heart. And a lot of my money.


8. I wish I could… sing. I envy those who can carry a tune, as I’ve got not a musical bone in my body.

9. I was born on the same day as… Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Bobby Brown, and Babe Ruth are among some of the most prominent. And in case anyone wants a countdown, that’s three weeks from today.

10. My all-time favorite film is… The Breakfast Club or Remember the Titans. I’m also a huge fan of Dead Poets Society.

11. I do a pretty mean… left-handed serve.


12. I’m still mad… that I didn’t make my senior yearbook quote “Life’s tough. Get a helmet.” My mom told me I would be mad at myself in ten years if that went to print. Almost seven years later and I still have regrets about the fact that I used a cheesy Walt Disney quote.

13. I met my husband dog… in Dimebox, Texas. I remember every moment of that sweet drive home.



14. I always knew I wanted… to be a teacher. It’s been my dream job since the 3rd grade.


15. I’m not afraid to… skydive. I did it the day after my 18th birthday, and I would gladly do it again!




16. I make the best… Slutty Brownies. My students had a field day with them. Both with the name and the taste.

17. I have almost absolutely no… respect for those who treat others as their inferiors.

18. I always cry when… I watch videos where soldiers return home and surprise their family members. I have never once managed to keep a dry eye while watching one of these homecomings.

19. I’m an avid runner nowbut I still have days where I have to give myself a pep talk in order to get out the front door.


20. I spent two years living in a house with nine girls. Best two years of my life, but I would never do it again.


21. I wish my … students would learn to love reading and writing, and not see it simply as a means to passing a test.


22. At 5, I was deeply in love with Spaghettio’s and apple juice. Every. Single. Meal. I was in the running for world’s pickiest eater.

23. I believe if people practiced daily gratitude and showed a little grace, the world would be a better place.

24. I can’t stand… slow walkers. I’ve got places to go and people to see, people!

25. Whenever Boy Meets World is on, I’ll watch it.

(Source)
And with that, I'm off to pick up something to eat for lunch. Slash dinner. And then I'm going to sit down and watch football. Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS