Friday, September 9, 2011

Cotton Candy Friday

I hope you are enjoying a fabulous Friday! I know that I am so relieved that it is the weekend. It's been a long week really getting back into the swing of things at school. My spanish professor mentioned that she could feel things really heating up - let's hope that doesn't mean that my stress level begins heating up as well!

Anyway, one of the reasons I started this blog is because I was inspired by the fun-loving blog of PBFingers. I absolutely LOVE her blog and read it religiously. It has such a positive, upbeat mood to it that I also hope to capture in my blog. I want to model my blog posts after hers, so here goes nothing'!

Breakfast + Workout

I rose bright and early this morning to get in a workout before my classes. I know that it is generally tougher for me to be motivated enough to get in a on Fridays, just because I am so exhausted from the week, that if I could do it before my classes, it would set the pace for the rest of the day! I did an interval workout, surprise, inspired by PBFingers. You can view it here. It has the perfect amount of walking and running, and it was enough to get me sweating. I then rounded my workout off with some ab work and jump rope!

My favorite breakfast!
You will quickly learn that when I am at school, my breakfast rarely changes. I have become addicted to the vanilla yogurt that my dorm serves, mixed with granola, walnuts, and raisins. You will also learn that I generally go back for a second bowl. It is just that good.

Lunch

One of the reasons I am so thrilled about this blog is the opportunity to rave about the fabulous food my dorm (SRD - Scottish Rite Dormitory) has. It is famous for its home-made food that is brought out by some pretty cute waiters. My friends and I look forward to Monday morning when the new menu is revealed (however - since I am an RA, I now get an early preview, just one of the many RA perks!) Lunch today featured Chicken Scampi with roasted peppers and a bowl of Garden Vegetable Soup on the side. Delicious! One of my favorite meals that SRD serves.


Don't worry - that wasn't all that I ate, I also enjoyed quite a few handfuls of cinnamon covered almonds that I received in the mail today. Yes, I ordered nuts online. Online Shopping Anonymous anyone?

One of the many perks of living at SRD - a description of SRD deserves an entire post of its own - are the countless cute events that happen just because.

Today was.. COTTON CANDY FRIDAY! We have our very own cotton candy machine that was set up in the front lobby for girls to grab on their way in and out of the dorm. So much fun! While it was enjoyable (and sticky!) to make, I learned that I need to work on my cotton candy spinning skills.

Farrah - one of the sweet girls on my hall with the first cotton candy!
Meanwhile, I am enjoying a relaxing Friday afternoon watching Breakfast at Tiffany's with some friends, while attempting to study simultaneously. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS