Sunday, September 4, 2011

My First Post

I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a while now so I decided, what better way to pursue my love of writing than to just start my own blog? I am going to introduce myself by telling y'all "25 Things About Me" - remember that facebook craze? :)

Me :)
  • Ephesians 2:8-9. My faith is so very important to me. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I strive to live my life for Him and glorify Him in all that I do. Though I fail Him thousands of times every single day, He never leaves me and He always loves me. In the words of a friend, Jesus Christ is my constant in a life that is continually changing. He has humbled me and broken me, and filled me with more joy than I ever thought possible.
  • H-town born and raised.
  • I have the most amazing family and friends ever. They mean the absolute world to me and I am so thankful for every single one of them.
  • I spent a good portion of my life on the volleyball court. I am so very thankful for the friendships I made, the life lessons and discipline I learned, and the memories I made. I wouldn’t trade a single second of those Friday night practices, road-trips with my mom, and those unforgettable moments on and off the court for anything. I miss volleyball every day and I just know that whatever I end up doing with my life, volleyball will always have a special place in it.
  • Chacos are the best.
  • YoungLife is one of the coolest organizations ever. You should definitely check it out. It has changed my life, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to lead kids here in Austin and show them the love of Christ. In the words of the fabulous Ashley Anderson, "It's the 45 for the 15. If you spend all of your time just preaching to someone they probably won't want to hear it. But, if you spend 45 minutes just loving on someone, then take those 15 minutes to tell them about the amazing God who gave you that ability to love."
Longhorns on top of the mountain at Crooked Creek -
a YoungLife camp in Colorado
  • I believe everyone should sweat once a day. There is no better feeling than a great workout!  It can come in the form of a gym, or the form of dancing, paddle boarding, or playing a pick-up game of capture the flag. Just get out there and sweat - and make sure you are having fun doing it!
  • Speaking of working out, running is my newest passion. For those of you who really know me, I used to be the least enthusiastic runner I know. Now, however, I just love it. There is no better than a feeling than a great run, whether it be outside along Town Lake, a sprint on a treadmill or along the beach. The great thing about running is that you can virtually do it anywhere. All you need is a pair of running shoes.
  • Peanut butter and bananas may be the best combination ever.
  • I am a huge bookworm. I love curling up with a good book. I have been this way since I was a little kid. I am always looking for a new book to read and I am absolutely obsessed with my kindle!
  • Team Harry.
My best friend from Pre-K, Lindsey, and I at the Harry Potter
7 Part 2 Premiere - so sad it's over!
  • As much as I love traveling and visiting new states and countries, I am not much for airplane rides. It is so cool that we have something like airplanes that allow us to travel to so many different places all over the world, but I still get slightly nervous every time I get on one.  
  • I am a Texas girl through and through. Country music, cowboy boots, Rodeo Season. Nothin’ better.
  • My biggest pet peeve is being late.
  • The key to my heart? Berripop Frozen Yogurt.
  • Baseball is my favorite sport to watch. The Philadelphia Phillies have my heart and I hope to cheer them on all the way to the World Series!
  • I love making lists. Something about crossing things off makes me feel so accomplished.
  • I L O V E to bake. It is so therapeutic and I am constantly looking for new recipes and I am addicted to baking blogs such as My Baking Addiction. I would love to open my own bakery one day – called Kelli’s Kupcakes and Kreations.
  • I love school supply shopping.
  • Seeing as I love reading so much, and have recently realized my passion for writing, I want to be a high school English teacher in the future. I would love to have the opportunity go back and teach at Stratford America, but we’ll see where God takes me!
  • I have the amazing ability to cry in almost every single movie. A Walk to Remember and Remember the Titans are probably my two favorite movies ever, but I love pretty much any and all chick flicks.
  • I am truly convinced that Austin is the coolest city ever and I am so blessed to live here. From Mt. Bonnell to South Congress to Trailer Food to Town Lake, there is always something to do. Keep Austin Weird!
One of Austin's picture hot spots with Lexi and Sarah!

  • Encouraging notes are my favorite.
  • One of my biggest fears in life is not finding the person I am meant to be with for the rest of my life.
  • Smile. You never know when it could make someone's day :)
Well, I hope y'all enjoy my blog, I know that I sure had a great time writing it!

Until next time,
Kelli

    1 comment:

    1. i didn't even know you could count to 25.
      i'm impressed. you get a standing O.
      i especially enjoyed #7.

      ReplyDelete

     
    BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS