Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back

Call me a typical girl, but how in the WORLD is it already the last day of 2013? I feel like I was just ringing in 2013, and I had absolutely no idea what was ahead of me. 2012 ended on a rough note for me, as I lost my grandmother just before Christmas, and though I miss her every single day, I know she's got the best seat in the house, and that she has been cheering me on every step of the way. 


So, I was more than ready to start 2013 with a clean slate, and what a year it was. Though it started with a broken toe, which resulted in me being unable to participate in the Aramco Houston half marathon,


it was only uphill from there.
  • There were many more races in my future, and the three major races were each very special. I got to go to Dallas and run a chocolate-themed race with one of my YoungLife teammates and we were fortunate enough to stay with the incredible Davis family, which allowed me to relive Crooked Creek Ranch memories,

  • I got to run the Austin half marathon with one of my best friends and roommates, Katie,
  • and to top it all off, I got to spend a perfect weekend with my sweet mom in San Francisco.




  • I celebrated my 21st birthday with friends and family,

  • Gayle and I celebrated ten years of friendship (and ten years at the Houston Rodeo)

  • I graduated from middle school and moved onto high school with my way-too-cool for me YoungLife girls,
  • I watched my not-so-little brother graduate from high school (and start college at that school on the other side of the Red River)
  • I watched my sweet teammate Alyssa marry her best friend with some of my best friends,


  • I spent an incredible summer in Austin,


  • I survived Dylan meeting my parents,
  • I got to be a part of the engagement of one of my oldest childhood friends,
  • I interned at Westwood High School,
  • I lived life with the greatest roommates in the world,

  • and I got to round out an incredible year with some of my best friends in my favorite city. I always love catching up with high school friends, and now that we're officially old, it's fun to catch up and talk about our hopes, our dreams, and what might be in our immediate future.

Jesus has blessed me abundantly in 2013, and it will certainly be a hard year to beat, but 2014 is sure to be one wild ride! Thanks for sharing in this journey with me - you guys motivate me to write! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS