Sunday, March 15, 2015

Start of Spring Break Survey Sunday

So I'm getting to the point where it's getting hard to find surveys again. But I love my Survey Sunday tradition (and it guarantees me at least one post each week), so I am going to do my best to keep it going. This is kind of a long one, and it is very random, but sometimes that's a welcome relief from all of the fitness and food surveys I tend to gravitate towards.

I've had one great start to my spring break, as I went to the rodeo with three of my good high school friends - Sam, Seth, and Dylan - yesterday to see Billy Currington, and I can honestly say that we had a great time. From me almost not making it onto the MetroRail to waiting in line after line after line to walking around the Livestock Show to Fletcher's Corny Dogs to the excellent people watching, I couldn't have asked for a better afternoon. And Billy Currington did not let us down, either. He played all of the classics, and we were making our way back through the crowd by 7:00pm.



Shout out to those three for letting a girl tag along with them on their rodeo outing. Y'all sure provide lots of laughter and fun!

And I'm quickly posting this before Amira and I head out to check out a new Houston hot spot - Tout Suite - for brunch, before heading down to Galveston to ride bikes on the beach, and hang out there for the afternoon. I'm hoping the sun will come out and stay out, but an overcast day at the beach can be just as fun as a sunny one.


1. Were you named after anyone? I was not. My parents named me Kelli because my mom "never met a Kelli she didn't like." Truly. I understand that, because I already have a list of names that are off-limits for my future children. I'll let you guys take a guess as to why that is.

2. Do you like your handwriting? Most of the time. If I'm not writing too fast, I think I have pretty handwriting. As one of my students pointed out, I'm defying the bad handwriting lefty stereotype. If I'm in a hurry, however, it can look just as sloppy as my dad's. No offense, of course.


3. What is your favorite lunch meat? I actually really love roast beef. I don't have it often, but when I do, it reminds me of my childhood and the roast beef sandwich phase I went through from time to time.

4. Do you have kids? I have about 100 kids. Kidding, but sometimes I do feel like a mom to my students!

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Never ever.


6. Do you still have your tonsils? I've never had surgery, meaning I've still got my tonsils. Though I always wanted to get them taken out as a kid because it meant ice cream for every meal. Heck, I'd still get them taken out, because it would mean frozen yogurt or smoothies for every meal. 


7. Would you bungee jump? I used to think I would never scuba dive. And I've always said I would never bungee jump. But now that I've signed on to get my scuba certification, I'm willing to bet you could talk me into bungee jumping.  

8. What is your favorite cereal? I don't really eat much cereal, except for oats, but I used to have an absolute obsession with all kinds of Cheerios. Apple Cinnamon and Honey Nut were my go-to's, but I was open to any and all Cheerios.

9. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, but I do untie them before putting them on. Fun fact, I started doing that in elementary school whenever my PE teachers told me it was better for my feet. How or why, I couldn't tell you. But I like to think that I get the perfect fit each time I retie them.

10. Do you think you are strong? Are we talking physically strong or emotionally strong? I consider myself pretty emotionally strong, but physically strong, well, that's debatable.

11. What is your favorite ice cream? Obviously I can't eat real ice cream, but I'll answer this according to what I used to eat. Chocolate or mint chocolate chip won out every. single. time.

Does gelato count?
12. What is the first thing you notice about other people? I think I notice their height, for whatever reason, and the expression on their face. Do they more happy, or more irritated? I hope I look approachable when people look at me, because that is certainly my first impression of other people. And of course that impression can be changed once I actually meet and get to know a person.

13. Red or pink? Red and pink are two of my very favorite colors, but pink has to get the nod on this one.



14. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Oh man, this is an interesting question. I think how much pressure I put on myself. In all aspects of my life. Whether it was my grades in high school, my performance on the volleyball court, where I got a job, how fast I run a race, keeping up with friends, or what have you, I have set the standard pretty high for myself, and I always want to be sure that I meet it. 

15. Any tattoos?  I have no desire to ever get a tattoo. It's too permanent, and there's nothing I'm willing to permanently ink onto my body, that I know I'll still love in 20 years when I hopefully have a husband and children. 

16. Do you have any hobbies? I'd call this blog a hobby. I'd call running a hobby. Same with reading and baking and all of the other things I do for my enjoyment. 



17. What color shoes are you wearing? White and blue. The white may be leaning more toward gray, as these shoes have not been washed in a while. Whoops!

18. What was the last thing you ate? Before my swim I ate a little bit of my banana-oatmeal-almond butter muffin dough, as I was starving when I woke up, and I knew my swim would not have lasted very long if I didn't have something in my stomach.

19. What are you listening to right now? "Cinderella" by Colton Avery. Check him out - he's good.

20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I like this question. It really made me think. I'd probably be a neutral color, like gray or black, because just like those crayons can go with just about anything, I can go along with just about any situation. I may not like it, but you would never know that. And if we're going off of color personalities, it would have to be yellow. I like to think I'm a pretty cheerful person to be around.

21. Favorite smells? Volcano, Volcano, Volcano. This candle is an Anthropologie classic, and it was a staple at The Clubhouse. I also love the smell of freshly baked bread, cookies, and finally, barbeque. Because you can't live in Texas and not live for that glorious smell.


Cooper's
22. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Gram called me the other night to wish me a happy spring break, and to tell me to take it easy, but also to have fun this week, so that I can go back to school feeling both relaxed and refreshed. And because I know she's reading this - Hi, Gram!

23. Mountain hideaway or beach house? Can I have both? I do love the beach, but I think I'm going to have to go with mountain hideaway on this one. The cool mountain air, and of course, the view. What could be better than waking up and enjoying a slow morning on your porch with that as the backdrop?


Believe it or not, I took this photo while on Wilderness. Yeah, I know.
24. Favorite sport to watch? I truly love to watch all sports, but basketball is definitely the most fast-paced, making it the most exciting to watch. I also know the most about basketball, in terms of rules, so I'm not such an annoying person to watch it with. While I know the basics of football, there are some rules that I just don't understand, and there are too many whistles and timeouts taken in football games.

But this was a perfect football moment (Source)
25. Hair color? It's a very light brown. I know I'm lucky because many hairdressers are surprised that this is my natural hair color. I have very natural highlights in my hair, and I am so excited for spring and summer because they really become evident. 


26. Eye colors? My eyes are the same light brown color of my hair. I used to wish I had a more exciting blue or green, but the brown definitely matches my darker skin tone. 

27. Do you wear contacts? I sure don't. I've got that 20/20 vision. Two of the *older* teachers at school told me that "this too shall pass" when I was bragging on my perfect vision one day in the lounge.

Real or fake?
28. Scary movies or happy endings? I'm a total happy-ending sap. I'll take cheesy over scary any day of the week.

29. Last movie you watched? Boyhood. And I absolutely recommend it to everyone. It's a must-watch.

30. What color shirt are you wearing? Black. With a red and black sweater. Cheerful.

31. Summer or winter? S U M M E R. All day, every day. Yes, it gets hot hot hot here in Texas. And it doesn't rain a whole lot. But the sun is out a majority of the time, the days feel longer, and sandals, bathing suits, and tanktops are more than acceptable attire.


32. Computer or television? Honestly, I could definitely go without the television. I don't have any shows that I regularly tune in to, rather, I'll watch TV if it's there, or I'll have it on in the background while I'm working. My computer, on the other hand? I'll admit it. I probably couldn't live without it. 

33. What book are you reading right now? Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. When I finish that, I'm going to start The Girl on the Train. I saw it just last weekend while at Barnes & Noble, and I think it's going to be an up-and-comer, so I have to read it before it gets big! You know how some people know about up-and-coming bands before everyone else? That's me, but with books as opposed to music.

34. What color is your house?
 We have a "red" brick house. Of course, the bricks aren't literally red. But what's most unique about our house, and something I was always quick to point out to others when I was a kid, is the fact that we have one green and one yellow brick on the front of our house. I always joked that if I lost my memory and forgot my address, I would always be able to find my way home because of those bricks. Because I'm sure the fact that we have a yellow and a green brick on our house would stick with me, right?

35. What color is your car? Black. After having a black car, I think I will always gravitate toward either black, navy, or charcoal gray. It's much easier to take care of, and I think they look very sleek.

Check in with y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS