Saturday, March 14, 2015

KT Tape

I want to start off by saying I was in no way endorsed by KT Tape with the writing of this post. All opinions are my own, and I simply want to spread the KT Tape love.

(Source)
(Source)
So, now that we've got that out of the way, and before I elaborate on that, happy Saturday! And to many of my fellow teachers and friends, happy first day of spring break! It felt so good to drive away from Bellaire yesterday knowing that I wouldn't have to return for nine entire days. I've said it over and over again - I love my job and I love my school, but it's been a long 10 weeks. I'd say this break is much-deserved. And I felt as though I should have done something cool and exciting to celebrate the start of the break, but instead I came home, hung out with my mom, went to the MAC for a swim, and began the daunting task of cleaning and organizing my room. I got a pretty good start on it, but when I started feeling overwhelmed with it all, I had to remind myself that Rome wasn't built in a day, and that my room certainly wasn't going to get organized in just one evening. No way at all.

I started losing steam long about 9:00pm (yeah, I know), so I called it quits on the organizing front, got ready for bed, and settled in with Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I really like his writing style, so though I'm only about one-fifth of the way through, I can already tell it's going to be one of those books that is going to be quick to get through, but that is also going to make me think. I've already jotted down a quote or two, so I am sure I will have a Word document full of them, just like I do with his Scary Close. I'm already well on my way to crossing one item off of my Spring Break To Do List!

I read for about half an hour before my eyes got heavy and I turned off the lights just after 10:00pm. I'll chalk that one up to still being tired from the rodeo on Tuesday night. Yeah. Anyway, I told myself I was going to let myself sleep in, but after going to sleep so early, I guess nine hours of sleep was plenty. I woke up on my own around 7:15am, stayed in bed for maybe 15 minutes longer, and then decided it was now or never in terms of getting in a run. My iPhone told me it was 54 degrees outside, which is my ideal running temperature. It also told me there was fog and 98% humidity, but hey, at least I had one thing going for me.


I ran 7.2 miles, through my neighborhood, along the bayou, over by Stratford, and then finished up with my normal route through my neighborhood. I was trying to run on softer surfaces when I could, which is why I deviated from my usual route. And even though the fact that the bayou was going to be a muddy mess was in the back of my mind (actually, it was in the front of my mind), I still decided to give it a go. I was right. It was a mess, but I knew it was the best thing for my shin.


And let me just say that I had one great run. I'll tell you why. How many of you have heard of KT Tape? I first discovered it years ago when watching Kerri Walsh play beach volleyball at the Olympics. She was wearing it on her shoulder and it kind of became the talk of the Olympics. I wore it while training of my half Ironman, when my knee was giving me a little bit of trouble, and it worked like a charm. So, the other day I had an epiphany. Maybe it works for shin splints, too. As it turns out, it does, so I ran out, well actually, my sweet mom ran out, and bought me two packages of it. And I'll be honest, I don't know how it works, but I'm sure glad it does. I hardly felt any pain while running, and I ran the longest distance I've run in almost a month. According to its website, "KT Tape is applied along muscles, ligaments, and tendons to provide a lightweight, external support that helps you remain active while recovering from injuries." Perfect. And it's durable, too. I've worn it on a couple of swims, in the shower, and during a very humid run, and it has yet to let me down. Maybe it should be renamed Miracle Tape, because it works miracles, I'm telling ya. And as an added plus, it comes in a plethora of fun colors, adding a little brightness to a nagging injury. I will sing its praises all the live long day, because it's going to get me through my half marathon that is taking place in just two weeks. Thanks, KT Tape!


And before I sign off, happy Pi Day! And this is not just any ordinary Pi Day. This is the most epic Pi Day of our lifetime. 3/14/15 at 9:26:53.589 is the longest extended Pi Day of our lives. Call it the math nerd in me, but I think this would be a pretty sweet day to get married. And with that, I'm signing off - I'm off to get a little bit more organizing done before I hit the rodeo again to see Billy Currington. And it appears as though the sun is going to be out. It has been far too long since we've seen the light. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS