Sunday, March 22, 2015

Last Day of Spring Break Survey Sunday

And a week of freedom and bliss has nearly come to an end. And it has been a pretty perfect little week. I ended on a great note last night, starting off with a delicious dinner at CRISP with Hayley, Amira, and Taylor, after which we moved on over to Sonoma Wine Bar in the Heights, and I finished off the night at Cottonwood, a bar in the Heights, for my room-roomies 23rd birthday celebration. Cottonwood has been on my to-do list for quite some time, and I was glad I was finally able to make it out there. Cottonwood has a really cool vibe, and though it was a flood zone out there and the outdoor patio was closed off, I still thoroughly enjoyed myself - meeting Sarah and Natalie's medical school friends, catching up with some of my middle school friends, playing foosball with Sarah's brother, and spending time with the birthday girl herself. Monday is her GOLDEN birthday, and she is certainly one golden girl!






On a wall at Cottonwood - reminds me of the iconic 'i love you so much' wall in Austin
1. What does your ideal cup of FROYO look like?
I love this question, obviously. My ideal cup of fro-yo is a combination of sweet and tangy - so maybe something like chocolate and raspberry pomegranate, for example. Or blueberry and cookies and cream. Topped with fruit of all kind - blackberries, raspberries, mango, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi - as well as a sprinkle of coconut, and maybe some mini (dairy-free, of course) chocolate chips or granola for that added crunch. Perfection.



2. What do you miss the most about the time period you grew up in?
This sounds hypocritical, as I am very dependent on my cell phone, but I miss the time when none of us even had cell phones, or when we literally used them to call our parents and tell them where we were going. I loved playing outside, biking from house to house, going inside only when the sun had set. I think a lot of kids today miss out on that, and it's no wonder, given all of the distractions out there. I must also say that I miss the quality television shows - Boy Meets World, Full House, and all of those Disney Channel classics. There's just nothing quite like those shows these days.


3. What is your most embarrassing habit?
I hate questions like this because on the spot, I can never think of anything. But hours later, when the moment has long passed, I'll think of the perfect answer. So, just hang on a couple of hours, and I'll come up with a really embarrassing habit to share with you guys.

4. What is the worst food you have ever tried?
I'm not sure what the very worst food I've ever tried is, mainly because if I don't think I'll like it, I won't even try it. So that eliminates a lot of bad food experiences for me. One food that I just can't fathom eating, though, is applesauce. It's something about the texture that just grosses me out a little bit, and I won't even bake with it, I dislike it that much.

5. If you could be a super hero (that YOU make up) what would your name be and what would your super power be?
What a fun question! I wish I were more creative, and I'd have a better answer to this question, but as it stands, I googled "Superhero Name Generator," and this is what I got -
The Gold Gladiator. My skill is "Muscle Mimic," in that I have the ability to instantly learn any skilled physical activity simply by seeing it performed. I'll take it. 

6. What meal could you eat every day?
I pretty much do eat it every day, but a salad, filled to the brim with colorful vegetables, topped with grilled-to-perfection chicken, and doused in either a light balsamic vinaigrette, or a refreshing sun-dried tomato dressing. It's healthy, delicious, and it still hasn't gotten old.



7. Who was your favorite teacher? What grade was it and why do they stand out to you?
Man, I've loved so many of my teachers. I really only have a handful of teachers that I didn't care for for one reason or another, but the teacher who really lit the fire in me to become a teacher was my third-grade teacher, Miss Rosso (who is now Mrs. McGee, but I know her at Miss Rosso). She was the teacher that everyone wanted, including me, and I was so excited when my card came in the mail telling me that I would be in her class, I was ecstatic. She was young, fun, and most of all, she truly and deeply cared about each one of her students. I keep up with her still today, and I am truly grateful for the way she inspired me to do what I do today. So, when the days get tough, I remember how much of an impact Miss Rosso, and so many of my other teachers, had on me.

8. If you were able to do anything (fitness related) what would it be?
I would love to run a full marathon. I know that I can do it. It takes diligent training and recovery days, and a lot of dedication, but that is something I would really love to do. And I would probably be a one and done kind of marathoner, because let's be real, 26.2 miles is a long way to drive, but stay tuned, because 2016 may feature fitnessandfroyo's first full marathon. It's still in the works, but I may just take the plunge. 

9. If you could write a letter to your daughter what three things would you want her to know?
Dear (my nonexistent) Daughters - it's funny, because one of the blogs that I enjoy reading has a feature just like this, except her daughters do actually exist -
  • You are deeply and genuinely loved, not only be me and your father, but by the creator and King of this universe.
  • You are right where you are supposed to be. So much of our lives are spent looking back on the past, or running toward the future, which are good places to be every once in a while, but know that you are in this season for a reason, even if it's hard and challenging and frustrating. Good will come out of it in time.
  • No dream is too big. Don't ever give up on a dream because you're told that it's out of your reach. Keep doing what you love and feel passionate about, and I'll be behind you every step of the way.
10. Who is your favorite blogger and why?
Peanut Butter Fingers. I started reading her blog years and years ago, and though I am not a daily reader these days, just because the day sometimes gets away from me, I absolutely love her blog because one, it's fitness and food based, and I just really love her outlook on life. Of course, a blog that starts off being one thing, often times transforms into a story of the blogger's life, and she and her husband (who are expecting a baby!!!) live such a fun, balanced, and fulfilling life, and I just really look up to that.

And they have a really cute dog (Source)
11. What is your favorite app?
Honestly, I'm going to have to go with Instagram. I tell myself that I'll just quickly scroll through before going to bed, and then before I know it, I'm looking at my friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin's best friend's pictures from Barcelona three summers ago. I mean, how does that even happen? But I enjoy looking at the pictures other people post, as they often give me ideas of restaurants to try, recipes to recreate, quotes to jot down, and places to visit. Can't hate that!


And with that, I'm off to, oh, I don't know, maybe do something to get myself ready for school tomorrow. But more than likely, I'm going to soak up a little bit of this rare sunshine we're experiencing. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS