Sunday, March 8, 2015

Currently

Happy rainy Sunday! And happy Daylight Savings Time! As much as I hate losing an hour of sleep, especially when I need every bit of sleep I can get. As does everyone around me, I realize, but I absolutely love the fact that it will stay lighter later. Especially because I think I will be back to running very, very soon. It's hard for me to accept that we are currently eight days into March and I have yet to log even one mile!

Anyway, I know I've done this survey before, or done some version of this survey before. But because it's about things I'm currently doing or loving, my answers are bound to have changed, right? 


Current Book
I am currently still reading Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns?), and next up on the list we have Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, Judah Smith's Life is ..., and a couple of other books I recently noticed at Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping I'll get in some solid reading time over spring break. Spring Break Countdown - five school days!


Current Music
Really, I'll listen to almost anything. Lately I've been listening to a little bit more Tim McGraw than usual, because he is the first artist I am seeing at the world renowned Houston Rodeo. Yeehaw!


Current Guilty Pleasure
I don't know! You guys know I love my dark chocolate, but that's not really a current thing. Otherwise, I don't know. I guess it would have to be online shopping, because sometimes that can get the best of me (and a little bit out of hand), but again, that's not really a current thing.


Current Drink
As usual, I'll take water any day of the week. You'd be hard-pressed to find me without a water bottle within a 10 foot radius. That being said, if we're talking drink drink, I'll go with wine. Surprising, I know, but I've really come to love it. And I'm not sure I can believe this, but I recently read that a glass of red wine is equivalent to an hour at the gym. And I love a good gym sesh, but I wouldn't hate the added benefits. 



Current Food
I go through phases with hummus, but that is my current obsession. Celery and carrots are my preferred pairings, but there's nothing better than hummus and pita bread from Hungry's or Zoe's Kitchen. And I am willing to bet that Island Grill has a dynamite hummus and pita bread combo. 

Current Favorite Show

I know I've talked about this before, but I am not a big television person. Well, that's not entirely true. I do watch TV, but I don't watch any show with regularity. Boy Meets World has always been a favorite, and if I make it home from school in time, I make sure to tune in.

Current Needs
I guess I don't need anything. Except maybe a little bit more sleep. And for the STAAR test to be O V E R. At this point the kids who are going to pass are going to pass, and the rest, well, I can't say it's because I haven't tried. And I wouldn't hate it if my shin stopped giving me trouble! But I'll try to stop talking about these three things now, because I'm sure you're getting a little tired of reading about them!



Current Outfit
Leggings, a Nike DriFit top, a white vest, and Asics. I love wearing cute clothes and you know, feeling like a girl, but athletic clothes will always be my first choice. I'm trying to figure out how I can wear leggings to school and still keep my job. Kidding, but really.



Current Excitement
San Francisco! More on that very soon. And of course, spring break. And the Zooma half marathon. And the Houston Rodeo. And Cozumel. And many things in between. I've got a good spring ahead of me!



I hope you guys enjoy a relaxing and peaceful Sunday. I tried to get a lot of work done yesterday so that I could take a breather today, and do some of my favorite things. I didn't get quite as much done as I anticipated (when do I ever?), but I'm still planning on taking some time for me. Because this is sure to be another crazy week, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS