Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lazy Days

I am not going to lie to you guys. Being done with school is really one of the best feelings out there. Though I did just receive an email with my student teaching syllabus, I am choosing to put that one on hold for a while, or at least until after Christmas. Until then, I am going to fully enjoy some much-needed time with friends and family in one of my favorite cities. I am sure I will have many adventures to share with you guys, but some of the must-do's on my list are:
  • River Oaks Christmas lights
  • Houston Zoo Lights
(Source)
  • Top Golf
  • Pleasure Pier


These days few days in Austin haven't been anything too exciting. I've been doing lots of shopping (oops!), quite a bit of hanging out with my sweet roommates (PTL for the fact that after six cold days, our heat was fixed), catching up with some friends whom I don't get to see as much as I would like to during the semester, 

A very true bag seen at Whole Foods
some reading (for fun!), and of course, keeping up with my regular workouts. I have also been trying to get myself organized, but so far I have succeeded in accumulating a huge pile of clothes that remain on top of my bed during the day, and move to the floor at the foot of my bed at night. I'm laughing at myself for how much I am just absolutely going to need when I am in Houston, because my car is going to be packed to the brim for my ride home. Once an overpacker, always an overpacker!

Anyway, tomorrow is my last full day in Austin for the year, and it also happens to be Dylan's 21st birthday, so I am excited to get to take him to dinner to celebrate a very special birthday, and what is the first of our two birthdays. It looks like I can finally order a drink or two at dinner and not feel silly for drinking alone!

And lastly, I must give a HUGE shout out to the SHS football team. They are playing in the state semi-final game at Reliant Stadium tomorrow night, and the winner of this game plays for the 4A State Championship in Arlington next weekend. We haven't won a state championship since 1979, and I don't even know the last time we made it this far into the playoffs. One of my roommates told me that as a going on 22-year-old, I have the most high school loyalty of anyone she knows. It's true, I do love Stratford, so I certainly can't deny it, and though I should probably feel ashamed, I have to admit that I feel a little bit proud. Once a Spartan, always a Spartan.


Have a great rest of your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS