Monday, July 7, 2014

Blueberry & Strawberry Cheesecake Danishes

Happy Monday, everyone! I apologize for my absence over the weekend, but I really didn't do anything of major excitement. I just lounged around on Saturday, and I worked all day on Sunday, so as I said, nothing much to report on that front!

That being said, I do have a book recommendation for you, as well as a delicious breakfast/dessert recipe to share with you guys. I absolutely cannot take credit for it, as I adapted my recipe via the recipe found on this blog. These Danishes are extremely easy to make, require very few ingredients, and, if I do say so myself, make a very nice presentation. I brought these to work this morning to in honor of Mary's, the wonderful administrator at SRD, 20th year at the dorm.



Blueberry & Strawberry Cheesecake Danishes

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury)
  • 1 8 oz. container Philadelphia Indulgences Blueberry Cream Cheese
  • 1 8 oz. container Philadelphia Indulgences Strawberry Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 can blueberry pie filling
  • 1/2 can strawberry pie filling
  • Blueberries (for decoration)
  • Sliced strawberries (for decoration)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Unroll one package of crescent rolls and separate into four large rectangles, sealing together the diagonals
3. Cut each rectangle into half (giving you eight squares)
4. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet
5. Spoon 1 tsp (+a little more) cream cheese onto the center of the square
6. Spoon 1 tsp (+ a little more) pie filling onto the center of the square (blueberry with blueberry; strawberry with strawberry)
7. Fold the four corners of the roll into the center
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes
9. Garnish with sliced strawberries and blueberries (optional, I just had some left over from my Fourth of July layer cake) and enjoy!

If you are making these the night before like I did, these Danishes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and reheated for 8-10 seconds in the microwave just prior to eating. I've been assured that they are delicious, and, like I said, very easy to make. These can be eaten for breakfast, or for dessert, so they are very versatile. So, if you want to make your friends and/or co-workers ooh and aah, give these a shot!

And as for the book recommendation, I am currently reading The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and though I am constantly having to go back and make sense of what I just read, I am really loving it. F. Scott Fitzgerald uses such eloquent and beautiful language, and it makes me remember how I fell in love with words. I love a book that challenges me, and what's even more fascinating is the fact that this book is said to be largely based on his relationship with Zelda Fitzgerald. Dylan informed me of that just last night (we're both reading this book right now - isn't that cute?), and while I can tell that it is going to be very sad, in many senses of the word, and it is also a very heavy read, it's also a great read, and one that I plan on finishing up in the next few days.
(Source)
And with that, I'm going to get back to work (aka reading). Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. So delicious! I love them.
    Thank you for your post.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS