Thursday, August 27, 2015

1000 Rep Workout

Hey hey hey! How's it going? I'm surviving week one, so I'm going to go ahead and say that things are pretty darn good over here on my end. You can't ask for much more than that when you're talking about the first week of school. Even if you have to Uber to school on occasion, but that's a story for another time. It probably doesn't help that I started out the school year feeling sleep deprived, but that's just the nature of juggling teaching with volleyball season. And trying to maintain some semblance of a life. I'm struggling a little bit on that last one, but I'm doing things here and there, I promise! When you realize you spend more time around 15-year-olds (and 50-year-olds, just being honest) than you do people your own age, it's time to put down the red pen and get out of the house.



And while I don't have long to chat, I do have a great workout to share with you guys. It's nothing new, as there are so many versions of this workout out there - variations that focus on the upper body or the lower body, variations that work the whole body, etc. My workout contains cardio, upper body work, and lower body work, and it probably took me about 35 minutes to complete. I finished my 1000 reps with 10 minutes on the elliptical, simply because I had that 10 minutes, but this workout alone is more than enough to get you going in the morning.



I think all of these exercises are ones that you recognize, but let me just tell you that the squat jumps, pushups, and chest press absolutely did me dirty. And I'll give you guys a laugh when I tell you that I actually contemplated doing 50 burpees instead of 50 seconds of burpees. I promise you that 20+ was more than enough. The reverse crunch is just what it sounds like. Instead of raising your shoulders off the ground, you keep your shoulders on the ground and raise your hips off the ground.


(Source)
It's a toughie, but a goodie. And the possibilities truly are endless when it comes to this workout. And the best part is, once the 50 reps are over, you don't have to do that exercise again. And sometimes that's all the motivation you need.

Catch y'all later, but don't hold me to that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS