Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Ten

Tomorrow is the first day of school. W H A T. I kind of can't believe that kids are coming TOMORROW. My classroom (!!!) is going to be filled. With high school students. Who are going to be waiting for me to stand up in front and say something. So there's that. And my to-do list is still a mile long. So here's to having the most productive Sunday of all time. But first, a little survey for you guys.


Miss T and Homer area ready for them
1.  When is your birthday?
February 5th. Bringing some joy to what is typically the least liked month. Seriously. It has come in last place on every single "favorite months" list I've ever heard. Why I've heard more than one of these lists, I do not know.

2. What’s your favorite TV show?
Boy Meets World – forever my favorite show. It’s full of life lessons, and it’s also an endless source of laughter. What could be better?

(Source)
3. What’s your favorite thing about fall?
Oh, I’m so excited about fall. Not that I don’t love summer, but I’m ready for some cooler long runs. I love wearing oversized sweaters, leggings, and boots. I love the idea of changing leaves, though we don’t always (okay, never) see them. I love football (Hook ‘em Horns!), and there’s so much fall-themed baking to be done.

San Francisco in the fall
4. Sweet or savory?
I’m going to go with savory. I won’t deny that I have quite the sweet tooth, but I like foods that have quite a few flavors going on at once. Give me a turkey sandwich with all the fixings or a filling salad over a brownie or cookie any day of the week.


5. What’s your dream job?
I’ve got my dream job. I’m so lucky to be at Bellaire, imparting knowledge on high school-aged kids. Or trying to, at least. I can honestly say that I love my job, and I can honestly say that I don’t dread Mondays. And that’s a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Ready or not, kids are coming!
6. What book are you currently reading?
Ha, that’s a good one. After reading 15 books this summer, I haven’t picked up a book in weeks. When have I had the time? I’ve been at school for around 12 hours a day, and when I get home, the thought of opening up and starting a new book is a daunting one. But once volleyball slows down, and I get back into a regular routine, I’ll pick back up what is one of my favorite hobbies.

7. What time do you typically wake up in the morning?
If I work out in the morning, I get up around 4:45am. That doesn’t happen super often, so if I don’t work out in the morning, I get up between 5:45 and 6:00am. The first day of school, aka tomorrow, is going to hit me hard. I plan on getting in bed nice and early tonight.

8. What’s your favorite holiday?
I really love most holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas are two of my favorites, but I really love The Fourth of July. A holiday centered on freedom. And our country. What could be better? Hamburgers, fireworks, ice cream, outdoor activities – count me in.


9. What’s your ideal vacation spot?
I like active vacations. Hiking and scuba diving and swimming and doing anything that doesn’t involve just lying on a beach. Though there’s a time and a place for that, too. But if I’m going to pay money to go somewhere, I want to really experience the city or the country that I am visiting. Remember how I said I want to go to Asia next summer? Well, that’s still very much in the plans, but I’m also considering a backpacking/hiking/camping trip through the Northwest states. Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana are four places that I hear are absolutely beautiful.

This is real (Source)
10. What’s your favorite animal?
I’m going to go with a dog. Beagles, especially. How can you resist their sweet faces? It's taking all of my willpower to not adopt one.

And that's all I've got for you guys. I'm off to cross every single off of my list, but still get to bed at a decent hour. Wish me luck! And for those of you who 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS