Friday, July 22, 2016

Things I'm Loving Friday XLVII

Happy Friday! I hope you guys have enjoyed a wonderful week. It has been hot, hot, hot here in Houston, but that hasn't stopped me from running, walking the pup, walking with Sarah around Rice, laying by the pool, and enjoying this last little bit of time off. Actually, volleyball unofficially starts tonight with the first day of our freshman volleyball camp, where we start teaching the incoming freshman the Bellaire Volleyball Way. I always look forward to getting a look at my future players, and I've got my fingers crossed for a good turnout. And a setter!

Dog days of summer
But before I get going on all that I hope to accomplish today before heading up to school, let's take a minute for our regularly scheduled events.

Pikos
Guys, I am obsessed with Pikos. From tops to dresses, I can't seem to get enough of them. They're such a staple in my closet - in any closet - and I just love how versatile they are. You can dress them up by adding a piece of statement jewelry and fun shoes, or you can dress them down by wearing a Piko dress and Keds. They're comfortable, they come in every color imaginable, and I wear something Piko at least once a week. I may or may not have just ordered four new dresses. Judge away.


Spotify Discover Weekly
If you don't have Spotify, you need to get Spotify. $10/month, and all the music your heart desires. I love Spotify because not only does it allow me to easily access my favorite songs, it also lets me discover new music based on the songs that I already love. Discover Weekly is a feature that creates and delivers a two-hour playlist every Monday morning. It's unique in that it combines the kind of music that you typically listen to with what's popular with other listeners, allowing you to discover new music that you might not have discovered otherwise. I absolutely love this feature, as I have added quite a few new songs to my repertoire.

And then sometimes you get great throwbacks like this one
Teacher Bumper Numbers
Do not watch this video if you are in a place where it would be frowned upon for you to burst out laughing. Maybe it made me laugh so hard because I'm both a runner and a teacher, and I can identify with this quick clip on so many levels, but I think this will make even the non-teachers laugh. Gerry Brooks is a principal in Lexington who claims to spread humor in the world of education. And that he does. I'm also very fond of his PLC video. Professional learning community, or places ladies converse? Because we all need a Friday laugh.

That time I convinced my PLC to go bowling
Veggie-Stuffed Sandwiches
I will admit that I have been extra lazy when it has come to cooking this week. Nothing has jumped out at me as something I really want to make, and when I have so many great restaurants within biking distance. Lately, I've been loving sandwiches that are chock full of veggies. And chicken, because a girl needs her protein, but I can't get enough of the Garden Sammie with Chicken from Local Foods and the Roasted Vegetable Sandwich (with added chicken) from La Madeleine. Protein, carbs, and health all stuffed into one delicious, toasted sandwich.

Veggies for days
Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks
It's no secret that I love all things chocolate. But I have to be careful that I don't upset my lactose intolerance. Luckily, Enjoy Life products cater specifically to dairy-free people such as myself. These chocolate chunks are said to be great for baking, but I prefer to enjoy them mixed in with my favorite Chobani yogurt. They are free of any additives, and they actually taste like chocolate, so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing the delicious taste for the sake of my digestive system.

I've nixed the granola and go all chocolate chunks
And that's all I've got. I've got quite the to-do list to tackle today, so I'm over and out. Have a great start to your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS