Thursday, July 7, 2016

Wine + Popcorn + Teachers

If you have somehow been immune to the steadily climbing temperatures outside, it is officially summertime. And while I'm lucky enough to (mostly) have summers off, I know that many of you don't. However, I hope you are still enjoying some classic summertime fun post-work. And maybe you are one of those people living it up every single evening, doing something cool and glamorous, making all of the rest of us jealous as we scroll through Instagram. But maybe you're more like me, and you mix your envy-worthy nights with nights spent on the couch watching shows that are just too hard to turn off, no matter how well you know you need to go do something productive. So, if you've committed to spending your evening on the couch, why not do it up right?


Mack and I have spent a few evenings on the couch
That's where the wine and popcorn come in. Popcorn is the ultimate movie-night snack. It's light, it's airy, and it's also terribly addictive. But that's where SkinnyPop popcorn saves the day. If you aren't familiar with the brand, please, make yourself familiar ASAP. This information comes straight from the website, but their popcorn has no artificial ingredients, no artificial flavors, no trans fat, it's preservative free, dairy free (!!!), gluten free, peanut free, non-gmo, and a good source of fiber. If these facts haven't convinced you, this should. It's also delicious. And comes in six irresistible flavors. A guilt-free snack that won't leave you feeling like you need to spend hours at the gym the following day because you indulged in a few too many handfuls.

Mack may have snuck a few pieces
And what is a guilty-pleasure television and/or movie night without woman's best friend - wine? I'm not a Bachelor or Bachelorette watcher myself, but I've found myself in the background of a couple of viewing parties. Lots of squeals, lots of snacks, and lots of wine. And lucky for you guys, SkinnyPop put together this wine and popcorn pairing graphic for all of your popcorn and wine pleasure.


And while I can't speak for all of these pairings - I'm dying to try the new Jalapeno and Dusted Dark Chocolate flavors - I can tell you about my personal favorites. First of all, I'm more of a white-wine fan, especially during the summer. Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc, especially. And Sauvignon Blanc pairs perfectly with my second favorite flavor of SkinnyPop: Sea Salt & Pepper. Did you guys ever eat Emerald Sea Salt & Pepper Cashews - only ever found at Kroger? This popcorn tastes just like them, only far less dangerous to the waistline.

Sea Salt & Pepper + Sauvignon Blanc
My personal favorite flavor is Naturally Sweet, and there were many a nights this past semester when I was curled up on the couch with a glass of Malbec - the only red wine I really enjoy - eating Naturally Sweet SkinnyPop and laughing along with the wildly inappropriate, but wickedly hilarious, television show 'Teachers'. My version of the Bachelor. Malbec also pairs nicely with the Original flavor, and for those of you who are partial to white, the chart says it pairs well with Chardonnay, and I say it pairs well with Sauvignon Blanc, too.

A girl and her Malbec
I won't claim to be a wine expert, but you don't have to be an expert to know what tastes good together. And the ingredients in SkinnyPop are simple, few, and 100% recognizable. It's a snack that everyone can enjoy. With only 39(ish) calories per cup, your television show might be a guilty pleasure, but this popcorn is something you can indulge in guilt-free.

What are your favorite SkinnyPop flavors?
Do you have any favorite wine + popcorn pairings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS