Monday, August 12, 2013

Relaxing Weekend

I am (rather reluctantly) back in Austin after a wonderful and relaxing weekend at home. I wish I had some really exciting Houston adventures to share with you, but when it came down to it, I was happiest just relaxing on the couch with a good book. It has been a very go-go-go summer for me, and a weekend at home with my family was just what the doctor ordered. That being said, I did not want to leave yesterday, and my mom convinced me to stay over Sunday night and drive back this morning. Which is exactly what I ended up doing.

I work 11:30am - 6pm today, and I didn't want to chance leaving my workout until 6pm, so I made myself get out of bed at 5:30am so I could make it to a 6am spin class at the MAC. I was struggling from the moment I dragged my body out of bed until the moment I left the spin class. It was just a 45-minute strength class today, but my legs felt heavy throughout the entire class, and though I was glad I took the class, it was definitely not my best effort. You just have those days sometimes!

I was more than ready for breakfast by the time I got home, so I quickly scrambled up some egg whites and spinach, and ate them alongside a pineapple spear and a plumcot while doing one last round to make sure I had everything I needed to take back with me. This wasn't imperative, as I am going back home again next week sometime, but it's never good to be without a phone or laptop charger!


After breakfast and loading up my car, I jumped in the shower and then finally got on my way back to Austin around 7:45am. I hit no traffic, and I made a pit-stop at Buc-ees and HEB before arriving at the Clubhouse with just enough time to unload my groceries and my car before heading over to SRD, where I have been busy ever since. As move-in day creeps closer and closer, the number of phone calls multiply.

Lunch

Another day, another grilled chicken salad for lunch. I ate it alongside some carrots and fresh container of black bean hummus carrots, and it made for a very tasty little lunch.



And that's about all the excitement I have for you guys today. Adios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS