Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Week

In some ways it feels as though this summer has gone on forever, and in other ways, it feels like I snapped my fingers and it was over. Though I still have one week to go, I can't help but think about how I only have one more week of freedom before the craziness starts back up again. I welcome the routine that comes from going to class, completing homework assignments, planning lessons, and juggling YoungLife, a regular exercise routine, and a social life, but there is something to be said about waking up in the morning with no definite plans for the day. That being said, I am both excited for and dreading the start of my senior year. Excited because with the start of senior year comes so many exciting opportunities and events, but I am dreading it because this is my last year to just be a student, to be surrounded by such great community all the time, to live within biking distance of all of my best friends, and my last year to wear Nike shorts and chacos on the reg. That last one is really the killer. But now that I have finished pouring out my senior year sob story, let's move on with the regularly scheduled events.
We're back to being the senior/fish pair this year
Breakfast

I slept so well last night, and though I didn't necessarily want to get up with my alarm clock, I had a nice to-do list of things I wanted to accomplish today, and the earlier I got up, the better. Though my hamstrings were feeling yesterday's Body Pump class, I slipped on my tennis shoes and headed out for a morning walk around Town Lake. I am so going to miss those once school starts back up.


Once I got back to the Clubhouse, I made a quick run over to the post office to mail the cookies I made last night, before heading back to the Clubhouse for breakfast. Today's breakfast looked identical to yesterday's breakfast, in that I made myself another peach berry smoothie. It was refreshing, delicious, and filling. And you can't ask for much more than that.


Workout

After doing a little bit of lounging, I went to the gym for my favorite Austin spin class. I felt a tiny pang of remorse knowing that I won't be in Houston to take Felipe's spin class for quite some time, but today's challenging class more than made up for it. We did a lot of jumps and attacks on an incline, and my legs were definitely feeling it. I was worn out by the end of the class, and more than ready for a shower and some lunch.

Lunch today featured the same hummus crusted chicken that I have been eating these past couple of days. Since I am going out of town tomorrow, I am trying to finish up most of my food that I have in the refrigerator before it goes bad. Lucky for me, the chicken still tastes wonderful, so I have no complaints about having to eat it for the third day in a row.


After lunch, Katie and I got out of the Clubhouse for a bit and headed north to the Domain. I have been meaning to get a necklace polished for quite some time, and we killed some time in Anthropologie and Dick's Sporting Goods. Two places in which a lot of damage can be done in a very short amount of time. In my defense, both of the pieces I bought at Anthropologie will be used for student teaching this year. They are classy, cute, and comfortable, which is truly an unbeatable combination that I just didn't feel I could pass up.

Now I'm lounging around the house waiting for the storm to come, hoping that it rolls through tonight, but that it clears up for my drive home to Houston tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS