Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Compilation

Today was my first full day of being "unemployed," and I am not going to lie and tell you that it didn't feel great. I absolutely love SRD, and I am so thankful for all that they have done for me - from shaping my college career when I lived there my freshman year, selecting me to be a resident assistant alongside eight wonderful ladies, and for allowing me to work there this summer. It really is the perfect job, and though I complained about it a lot some toward the end, I truly loved being able to tell people about how much SRD means to me when they call and ask questions, or when they come in for a tour. That being said, a day full of whatever the heck I wanted to do was wonderful, too.


So let's back up to yesterday and go from there. After work, I went for a swim over at Gregory Gym - my first in a while - and followed that up with a bit of room and closet organization, as well as a bike ride through campus to the capitol.


I am going home Thursday afternoon until probably Tuesday afternoon, so I want to make sure that I have everything in order to start school again on Wednesday. I picked up my textbooks, bought my notebooks, organized my desk area, and I feel as though I am mostly ready to go. We'll see how I feel come next Tuesday night, though!

After my bike ride, I set out to cross a Pinterest recipe off of my list - hummus crusted chicken. It is a surprisingly easy dish, and it tastes as good as it looks. I do have one reminder for you - remember to thaw your chicken out completely, or be looking at 15-20 more minutes in the oven. Not that that happened to me or anything.




Anyway, I used red roasted pepper hummus to coat the chicken, but be sure to pick out your favorite flavor of hummus if you choose to make this dish, as it will have your own personal touch to it when you pull it out of the oven. My only complaint about this dish is that the chicken to veggie ratio is a bit off, so I would be sure to add either one more zucchini or squash to the dish. Other than that, though, it tastes delicious, and I ate my second helping of it tonight for dinner. But more on that in a minute.

Breakfast & Workout

Breakfast this morning was another one of my Pinterest recipes - a peach raspberry smoothie. I woke up around 7:45am, headed to Town Lake for a morning walk, and when I returned to the Clubhouse, I was more than ready for something cold and refreshing. Into the blender went:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • Frozen peaches
  • Frozen berries
  • 3/4 cup (flax) milk
  • 1 cup spinach
  • Sprinkle of chia seeds

I think due to the especially frozen peaches, this smoothie was pretty difficult to blend at first, but it ended up at just the perfect consistency. I poured it into my latest purchase (because I couldn't resist purchasing this mug even though I don't drink coffee) from Paper Source, and drank every last drop while Katie ate her daily dose of morning oats. We ran (get it?) into one another at Town Lake, and I ended up running the last six or so minutes with her. Though I don't normally run with other people, Katie and I keep a pretty similar pace, so I welcomed the company this morning.

After finishing my smoothie, I got back in my car for a 10am Body Pump class at the gym. I really liked the class today, though the bicep track nearly killed me. To end our track, we did 24 bicep curls, which doesn't seem like very many until you've already been doing them for three minutes. The instructor had us complete some tracks from older releases, and while I haven't been the biggest fan of the latest squat and lunge tracks, I really liked what we did today. Sometimes all you need is a little variety.

I came home to shower, though I am not entirely sure why, as no less than an hour and a half later Dylan and I walked to a little park by his house to play tennis. I am quick to admit that I am no tennis star, but we had a lot of fun, and we ended up playing for a little over two hours. Dylan actually used to play tennis, so he coached me as best he could, and I will say that there was at least a tiny bit of improvement by the end of our tennis session. My serves were pretty good, anyway. And due to the fact that we played in the very middle of the day, and the fact that I neglected to apply even one spray of sunscreen, I am currently living with the repercussion of a really cute sports bra tan line. Having skin that tans easily is both a blessing and a curse, I guess.

After tennis, I set out to pick up my textbooks and make a quick trip to the grocery store because I just finished baking approximately 72 cookies. I have no real reason behind my baking extravaganza except the fact that I felt like baking cookies to give to other people. My brother in Oklahoma, Amira in Louisiana, and anyone else who might enjoy some candy-stuffed cookies.


Dinner

Dinner came together in a flash, thanks to a recipe that serves four. I did mention that the veggies were lacking in the chicken to veggie ratio, so I cooked up some broccoli to add to the mix, and I enjoyed round two of my hummus crusted chicken. And it was just as good the second time around.


And that, my friends and faithful followers, is a description of Kelli's perfect summer day. I'm worn out, so curling up with a book is probably next on the agenda. I hope your Tuesday has been just as much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS