Thursday, August 8, 2013

Live A Great Story

I told you I'd pop back in again today! Immediately after posting this morning, I headed out the door to complete a three-mile walk around Town Lake. It had been a while since I had done that, and it felt really good to complete that familiar route. While I was walking, I saw this new graffiti painted on the side of a column, and I couldn't resist snapping a picture.


Town Lake tends to have a lot of simple words that convey a powerful message. Your life is your chance to live out a great story, so don't ever forget to make every day a great one.

After my walk at Town Lake, I drove over to the gym to complete three rounds of this tank top arm workout that I found on Pinterest. The bicep burners are true to their name, and the lateral raises get me every time. I'm anticipating sore arms tomorrow, which will hopefully take my mind off of my sore quads!


And to round out my time at the gym, I ran for 35 minutes, covering just over four miles, on the treadmill. I went by my 45-minute treadmill workout up until minute 31, where I alternated running one minute at 7.0, and one minute at 6.5 before cooling down with a two-minute walk. I left the gym nice and sweaty, but feeling like I got in a great workout!

Lunch

After a shower and a trip to the bank, I made my way over to SRD to work the last shift of my 19-day work streak. I came over a little early so that I would have time to take advantage of Mexican Thursday. I spread guacamole salad on two corn tortillas before filling them with chicken fajita meat, grilled veggies, and pico de gallo.


That is easily one of my favorite meals that SRD serves, and though it was a mess, I enjoyed every last bite. I also enjoyed a side of carrots and red pepper hummus. The complete meal.


And now it's back to work. See you guys from Houston! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS