Thursday, August 8, 2013

Smooth(ie) Start


Happy Thursday! I am not sure anyone is more excited than me that it is finally Thursday. I work from 2-6pm today, and that will conclude 19 consecutive days of work. Though not all of the days have been extremely busy, there have been some very crazy days as move-in day creeps closer and closer. Like I mentioned yesterday, I am heading home to Houston immediately after work, and I could not be more excited for a little rest, relaxation, and time spent with my family in one of my favorite cities. I am hoping to do a little bit of exploration while I am home, so I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on any of my Houston adventures.

Meanwhile, before I make my way over to the gym, I wanted to share another excellent smoothie recipe with you guys. Generally if I know I am going home, I do my best to finish up any food that might go bad before I get back to Austin, just so I don't get in the habit of wasting food. I had eaten up most of my fruit, but I had a few leftover strawberries, some frozen raspberries, and some very ripe bananas just waiting to be blended up into a cold, refreshing smoothie. So without further ado, here is what my morning smoothie consisted of:


Ingredients:
  • 1 very ripe banana, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
  • 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 cup (flax) milk
  • 1 cup spinach
  • Sprinkle of chia seeds


I added all of that to a blender, and blended it all together until I ended up with a smooth consistency. The raspberry was definitely the overpowering flavor, but I found it to be a very good ratio of flavors. It was the perfect start to this Thursday morning, and I can't wait to try my hand at a few more smoothie recipes. The hot August days just beg for cold, refreshing drinks. And I'm off to get in a workout - I hope to be back sometime later today, but if not, I will talk to you guys from Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS