Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Too Much Salsa

Remember yesterday when I talked about doing one last check around my house before heading back to Austin? Well, what I didn't see during that check were my running shoes, because I realized just after work last night that, when I couldn't find them anywhere in my car, I must have left them at home. I immediately called my mom, significantly more upset than I should have been about it, and she quickly reassured me that she would find someone who was coming up to Austin, or she would send them to me. Crisis averted, but if there is one thing I would want to have with me at all times, it's my running shoes. You can bet I won't ever forget them again!

After my post this morning, I headed out the door and on over to Town Lake, because I do in fact have a spare pair of tennis shoes with me in Austin. Talk about being a drama queen yesterday. Anyway, my legs were feeling pretty achey this morning, and I think that had something to do with the fact that I did not drink enough water yesterday. So instead of running the three-mile loop like I planned, I ended up walking it. I never mind a good walk, but I really need to kick my half marathon training into gear. I'm hoping to get in a five or six mile run later this week.

A picture of a picture of one of my favorite things about Austin
After my walk, I headed back home to cut up some of the fruit that I purchased yesterday, and to fix myself some breakfast. While I was home over the weekend, my dad bought me this really cool pineapple slicer. Whenever I was at the store, I always bought pre-sliced pineapple chunks because I had no clue how to even attempt slicing a pineapple. When my dad told me about this tool, I knew I had to have one. It requires a little bit of muscle, but it works great. Two thumbs up!

(Source)
For breakfast I fixed myself the usual scrambled egg whites and spinach. I promise I can be more creative than that with my food, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Maybe tomorrow I'll be inspired to try something new. Be sure to be on the lookout. Anyway, my eggs tasted great, but I put just a bit too much salsa on them. Who knew there was such a thing?


After breakfast, I headed out the door again to 24 Hour Fitness to take a 10am Body Pump class. This release is no joke, as every single track had my muscles worn out. The lunge track once again kicked my butt, but the tricep track was killer. We did what is known as the skull crushers exercise, and that, combined with the tricep press was enough to make me take a couple of breaks. Just remember to bring your dumbbells or bar all the way to your hairline - that's what really makes it tough!

(Source)

Lunch

After a shower and finally unpacking and organizing my room from this past weekend, I made my way over to SRD for the 2:00pm shift. I fixed myself my usual grilled chicken salad, but it looked especially colorful today. I think that made it taste even better! I ate it alongside a new Chobani Bites flavor - Mint with Dark Chocolate Chips. Mint Chocolate Chip has always been one of my favorite flavors, and this tasted just like the ice cream, just not quite as cold and creamy. I bet it would taste wonderful just a few minutes removed from the freezer. And I think I may try that next time!



And now I'm going to get back to my book. I'm re-reading one of my old favorite series, and I've read through an embarrassing number of them in a very short amount of time. I have to finish before school starts, though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS