Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Day of 2011

The last day of the year started out being a somewhat gloomy and overcast day, but the sun has finally made its appearance! This morning started out with a breakfast of yogurt and cereal - a mix of Kashi Honey Sunshine and Fiber One Honey Squares with some Unsweetened Almond Milk - my favorite! I then decided to let my food settle and make a few updates to my blog before I went for a run. Around 10:00 I got dressed and went for between a four and five mile run around my neighborhood before hitting the gym for some weights. Let me be the first one to say that is it both hot and humid here in Houston today! Made for a very sweaty run.

Nothing like running through my neighborhood on a beautiful day!
When I finished my run, I got in my car and drove up the road to the MAC - my home away from home. My friends make fun of me because they think I am either at home or at the MAC, which is generally true! :) Anyway, I wasn't there for very long, as the only item on my agenda was doing a few weights. I started out with some standing side crunches - 4 sets total of 21 on each side. I then moved into my lunge, squat, calf raises routine. This is where I complete the following: 

24 lunges-60 squats-78 calf raises
24 lunges-40 squats-78 calf raises
24 lunges-20 squats-78 calf raises

That first set of 60 squats is tough, but I always feel accomplished when I finish!
I then focused on completing some arm weights, which included bicep curls, lateral and frontal raises, with some overhead press reps thrown in there. I have gotten a little lazy as far as weights are concerned, because I have been so focused on running in preparation for my upcoming half. So hopefully I am feeling the effects of the weights tomorrow!

Some of the weights at the MAC
When I returned home from the gym, I completed a 30-minute walk around my neighborhood. I have started taking walks around my neighborhood every day because it is just so relaxing, and I do miss the built-in exercise that walking to class provides while I am in Austin!

Lunch
A girl whose blog name is "fitness & fro-yo" has to end the year on the right note. After the gym, I headed over to Berripop Frozen Yogurt for a dose of my favorite frozen yogurt to end out the year. Of course, that won't hold me over for very long, so a turkey sandwich will most likely be in the works soon!

My favorite concoction
Ever since my senior year in high school when my friend told me about the parfait, I have never strayed ordering that whenever I visit Berripop, which is quite frequent whenever I am home from school. I may switch up the yogurt and toppings from time to time, but even those usually remain the same! I am one of those people who finds what she likes and then sticks with it!

This order, which is my usual, is a parfait that contains chocolate yogurt with bananas as the bottom layer, strawberry yogurt with granola as the middle layer, and raspberry pomegranate with raspberries as the top layer. Berripop is definitely my favorite frozen yogurt venue - I love the tart flavors and just how cold and refreshing the yogurt is. Plus, the people who work there know me because I come there so often and are very generous with the toppings! :)

The top of my parfait - delicious!
I can't wait to shower and hang out on the couch for the rest of the day until I get ready for all of the festivities tonight. I plan on watching football, reading, pinning, and catching up on my favorite blogs. Sounds like a good day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS