Friday, December 30, 2011

What a Year It's Been!

Well, my goal of blogging at least five days a week during the holidays was an epic fail. I just enjoyed being home without the pressure of snapping pictures all the time. But that is okay because that is why we have New Years Resolutions. I was going to start blogging a couple days ago, but decided to really and seriously get going once the new year began. I have had a couple months to get used to blogging and learn some of the ins and outs, so now I am going to turn over a new leaf and really start blogging on a regular basis! Here is a precious "New Year's Printable" that I found on Pinterest and couldn't resist filling it out to end this wonderful year and start the new year!

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
Name: Kelli
Age: 19 (almost 20!)
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Food: Frozen Yogurt
Favorite Activity: Running
Favorite Book: TOUGH question - probably Redeeming Love, followed closely by the Harry Potter series

HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2011:
Greatest lesson learned: my GPA does NOT define me!
Hardest thing of the year: being a Kamp Kounselor! Although it was extremely rewarding, it was much harder than I anticipated it would be!
Favorite memory: Florida Spring Break Trip & Crooked Creek Ranch
What I loved most about 2011: the amazing opportunities I was given!


My small group in St. Petersburg, Florida - Spring Break 2011

The beautiful Florida sunset

My cabin at Crooked Creek Ranch - a YoungLife camp

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2012:
Want to learn: how to make a difference in this world
Want to get better at: living in the moment (& blogging!)
Biggest goal: to share the love of Christ by loving others!

This Christmas break has been absolutely wonderful. While I haven't done a whole lot that could be considered productive, I have caught up on sleep, relaxed, hung out and caught up with high school friends, read (for fun!), worked out, baked, visited some of my favorite Houston hot spots, crafted, watched football, and have just spent some quality time with my family. While I am anxious to get back to Austin and get back into an actual routine that does not involve me just sitting around reading for hours at a time, because that is what happens quite frequently, I am very thankful for a five-week break from the daily grind that is my life while I am in school!

Lindsay, one of my closest friends from high school and I at Houston's - SO GOOD!
A tray that I baked - it is made out of peppermints! Directions can be found here

A Pinterest inspired recipe - cookie dough, oreos, and brownie mix!

My friend and I spent some time crafting with crayons and a hair dryer!
I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve - stay safe! I am excited to ring in the new year with my best friend since sixth grade - we are getting dinner, maybe seeing a movie, and watching the fireworks at the oh-so-popular City Centre! I can't wait to see what this new year brings! Wishing you and your family a prosperous 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS