Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year's Eve! It is so hard to believe that 2011 is almost over and we are about to welcome 2012. I feel as though it were just yesterday that I was saying goodbye to my graduation year and beginning 2011. Just when I get used to writing 11 on top of my papers, the year changes on me!

Some of my friends and I ringing in 2011!
It has been quite a year, but I will say that I am SO excited for 2012. I am excited about my classes (we'll see how long that lasts), the trips that I am going to take, and just about being back in Austin and enjoying my college years! It's hard to believe that I have already completed three semesters, and if I graduate on time, have only five semesters left. WHERE has this time gone?

I love Austin!
I decided that it wouldn't be New Years Eve without New Year's Resolutions, so I made myself sit down and come up with a list. 

However, whenever I make resolutions, they are always so generic and I never remember them nor do I stick to them. So I am going to come up with a list of goals and things I am looking forward to in 2012:

In just six short days, my friend Sarah and I are traveling to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida to run in the Disney World half marathon. That is not all we are doing. Sarah has never been to Disney World before, so I am going to introduce her to the magic that is Disney World. The park we are most excited about? HARRY POTTER WORLD! Yes, we are Harry Potter nerds. We heart Harry!

My cousins and I in Disney World - circa 2002
I completed the Austin half marathon last year, and it was my first ever half marathon. That marathon must have really been fun because since then I have been running like CRAZY! And believe me when I tell you I was probably running's most anti-fan. I just did not enjoy it and did not understand how people could run miles and miles for FUN. I guess our tastes really do change as we get older!
  • Do fun, Austin-y things
Segway tour, water bikes, slacklining, Enchanted Rock -- there are just so many things to do!

Sarah, Sarah and I after a fun day of kayaking!
  • Live in the moment
  • Love others and spread joy to people around me
  • Get in the Word every day! God gave us just one book - it must be pretty important! :)
  • Find time to read for enjoyment
  • Learn a new skill

Whether it be tennis, golf, or knitting, I want to learn something new in 2012. 
  • Keep my room clean
I am a pretty organized person when it comes to my school work and important papers, but when it comes to keeping my room clean at school, it sometimes gets the shaft when I look at everything else I have to do. I want to really make an effort to keep it neat this semester. If I clean just a little bit every day, then it won't get so out of control messy!
My roommate's and my room last year during finals!
  • I say this every single year but.. really stay on top of my school work so that I am not scrambling and stressing out
  • Eat smart and find new, fun ways to exercise!
I do not want to say "lose weight," like three fourths of people in this world, because losing weight is not my main priority. I love working out and I truly enjoy eating healthy foods. That's not to say I don't enjoy treating myself every once in a while. I don't ever want healthy eating and working out to become a chore, where I have to force myself to work out and be completely unhappy while doing it. I want to continue to love it and inspire other people to live a healthy lifestyle as well!
  • BLOG, BLOG, BLOG! - I think this one speaks for itself! :)
Hope you have fun coming up with your New Year's resolutions - and that you actually stick to them! Easier said than done for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS